Host your private party at the Zoo during Audubon Zoo Lights presented by Children's Hospital New Orleans! A festive holiday atmosphere appears as Audubon Zoo Lights transforms the Zoo into a holiday wonderland filled with animal light displays, merry performances, and fun activities.
Private Party Space - Zoo Picnic Pavilion Package
This option includes a private covered outdoor space in the Zoo Picnic Pavilion surrounded by stately oak trees. It is connected to the main field of Audubon Zoo and can be accessed directly from the Audubon Zoo parking lot. This is a great location for corporate and family holiday parties.
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Zoo Picnic Pavilion: Up to 800 people
- Facility Rental: $800 for up to Three Hours
- Food and Beverage Minimum: $1,000, plus 10.2% tax and 23% service charge
- $10 per person for Zoo Lights admission (Children under 24 months admitted for free)
Facility rental includes staff to manage your event, existing outdoor furniture for seating up to 200 guests, private restrooms, house music, television, compostable service-ware, and security.
Private Party Space - Carousel Package
This option offers a private, temperature-controlled, animal-themed party room located between the Endangered Species Carousel and kids' playground. Packages include food and beverages, admission to Audubon Zoo Lights presented by Children's Hospital New Orleans, and an illuminated souvenir.
- Party times start at 6:00 PM
- Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings
- Includes Audubon Zoo Lights admission
- Special food and beverage packages available
- Packages start at $615 for Members/ $690 for Non-Members
Ways to Book Your Carousel Party
- Call (504) 212-5420
Q. How far in advance should I book the party? What if it rains on my event date?
- A minimum of ten (10) business days is required; however, advance booking is recommended. Audubon Zoo has a rain or shine policy.
Q. Is there a deposit? If I cancel the party do I get my deposit refunded?
- Upon booking, a $100 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is processed. This $100 is put towards your party's final balance. If you need a change of date of your party, the deposit can be transferred if the party is moved fourteen (14) business days in advance.
Q. Can I bring decorations to the room? Are balloons allowed?
- Some decorations are allowed. Tabletop decorations are allowed, as well as small banners or posters which can be taped to the doors or metal frames around the doors. Nothing is permitted to be attached to the walls, including banners and personal memorabilia. Each party room has beautiful, hand-made metal animal sculptures on all of the walls. Please keep in mind Audubon Zoo does not allow balloons, streamers, confetti, straws, or cup lids on zoo grounds.
Q. Can I bring my own plates, napkins, etc? Do I need to bring party favors?
- Yes, you can bring your own plates, napkins, cups, and utensils – although we do provide you with these items. You may bring your own party favors. Please note, Audubon Marketplace has a large selection of party favors and bags for your shopping convenience if you are interested in zoo themed goodie bags.
Q. Where will guests check in? Will party guests who are members be able to utilize their membership?
- All guests who are attending Audubon Zoo Lights Celebration will need to check in at the Main Entrance of the Zoo. The admission booth for all Zoo Lights Parties will be Booth #6, which can be found at the left side of the main entrance. Everyone, including adults and any children two years old and up, will be required to wear a wristband to be in the celebration room. This will act as your admission ticket, allowing you to leave in and out of the Zoo if you choose.
Q. Will my party have a private carousel during my party?
- The carousel will remain open for general admission use and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Q. Do we have to leave the room exactly when our time is up?
- Yes. The rental period is for two hours. We will let you know when you have one hour left and then again when you have fifteen minutes left in the room. However, you do have access to the entire Zoo until the event ends at 9:00 p.m.