Dates and Times
Open select nights from November 23, 2018 to December 30, 2018
- November 23-25, 29, 30
- December 1-2, 6-7, 9, 13-23, 26-30
- 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Last entry is at 9:00pm
The lights! Look for larger than life, silk-lighted replicas of some of the Zoo’s most popular animals, including a 19-foot peacock.
- Exciting arrays of animal-themed light displays
- Nightly live entertainment including jazzy carols and New Orleans-style second line parades
- Holiday story time
- Delicious holiday treats
- Craft tents to create special messages that will be delivered to the patients at Children’s Hospital
- Holiday Marketplace filled with items from local artisans
Lights for Lions
During this event Audubon will collect holiday string lights for recycling at the Zoo front gate. This conservation project will support Audubon’s “Lights for Lions” campaign to help save lions in the wild. “Lights for Lions” is an impactful way to connect our guests in New Orleans to a worthwhile conservation project. Audubon will make sure all string lights are responsibly recycled, while community members enjoy their holidays knowing that they helped save animals in the wild.