Woldenberg Riverfront Park
Woldenberg Riverfront Park is 16 acres of sprawling green space stretching between the Mississippi River and the historic French Quarter. Begin or end your walk in the Park with a visit to Audubon Aquarium and Audubon Insectarium, both adjacent to the Park. The riverside jogging path is popular with city dwellers, as are the sculptures and artwork. Don't be surprised if the sights include a strolling band, impromptu second line or a bustling festival! The prime location makes Woldenberg Riverfront Park a perfect setting to escape and unwind.
A fun feature is the 90-foot linear water feature. Set in front of Audubon Aquarium the water feature is open to visitors during Aquarium business hours, weather permitting. It is accompanied by five varying light shows for evening events on the plaza and is a destination point on steamy summer days for kids to run through to cool off.
Woldenberg Riverfront Park is also a popular venue for festivals, concerts, weddings, private events, and school group performances!
Woldenberg Park Rules
Rules, guidelines, policies, and hours of operation.
In case of an emergency call 9-1-1. Audubon Security can be reached 24 hours at (504) 378-2510.
- Commercial activity is prohibited unless authorized in writing by Audubon Nature Institute.
- Soliciting money, contributions or donations; distributing advertising or promotional material of any kind; and/or offering samples of items is prohibited, unless authorized in writing by Audubon Nature Institute.
- Animals must be leashed and remain in possession by the owner at all times while in the park. (City law Article 18-14).
- Professional videotaping and/or photography for commercial use is prohibited, unless authorized in writing by Audubon Nature Institute.
- Use of non-authorized motor vehicles is prohibited.
- Possession of weapons is prohibited.
- Fishing is prohibited.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Cooking and open flames are prohibited, unless authorized in writing by Audubon Nature Institute.
- Obscene language or gestures, racial, religious or ethnic slurs are prohibited.
- Amplified music is prohibited, unless authorized in writing by Audubon Nature Institute.
- Physically or verbally threatening any person, using physical force, fighting and harassing others is prohibited.
- Kite flying and drone usage is prohibited.
- Rollerblading, roller-skating, skateboarding and the use of scooters is prohibited.
- Sleeping or lying fully reclined in the park is prohibited.
- Graffiti or vandalism of any kind is not permitted.
- Engaging in any unlawful activity or behavior of any is prohibited.
- Pamphleteering, proselytizing or distribution of commercial, political or religious material is prohibited
During festivals and special events, additional rules may apply.
The above is a partial list of Woldenberg Park Rules. Audubon Nature Institute reserves the right to modify and/or add to these rules at any time. Guests who do not act responsibly or violate any of the rules of the park may be asked to leave the park. Guests that refuse to leave the property are subject to arrest and prosecution for criminal trespass.
Audubon governs the public usage of the park by the rights granted by the City of New Orleans through Code Ordinance Section B 5-802.