Audubon Wilderness Park is located in Lower Coast Algiers on the campus of the Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center.
Audubon Wilderness Park
14001 River Road
New Orleans, LA 70131
(800) 774-7394 or (504) 581-4629
- Take I-10 to Mississippi River Bridge.
- Cross the bridge and exit at General DeGaulle East.
- Continue along General DeGaulle East to the Intracoastal Waterway Bridge.
- Cross bridge and bear right on LA Hwy 406.
- Continue on Hwy 406 until you reach the Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center and Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species. The entrance will be approximately six miles past English Turn. Hwy 406 ends at the entrance gate.
- At the Entrance you will see a large chain-link gate. Drive through the gate and check in with the guard in the small guardhouse to your left. The guard will direct you to Audubon Wilderness Park.
- Please park only in designated parking spaces and lock your vehicle—Audubon Nature Institute is not responsible for theft or vandalism of your property.
- Visitors are prohibited from leaving the Coast Guard access road between Park Patrol and the Wilderness Park except to enter the Park.
- Please open the gate to enter the Park and close it behind you before parking your vehicle. The gate must stay closed when not in use.