Host your child's birthday party at our private birthday party room at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. This beautiful party room with an aquatic flair offers a porthole that looks into the Gulf of Mexico exhibit where sharks and stingrays will swim by with a Happy Birthday "hello".
Parties are available Saturdays and Sundays
10:00am – 12:00pm AND 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Gulf of Mexico Room
Parties are available Saturdays and Sundays
10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Aquarium Birthday Party Includes:
- 2 hours of a temperature controlled private party room
- Choose from a sting ray experience, penguin feeding “birthday shout out”, group viewing in our state-of-the-art Entergy Giant Screen theatre (show times may vary), or gulf chat on contents of the Gulf of Mexico exhibit.
- Aquarium admission for birthday party guests
- 3 Pizzas (cheese or pepperoni)
- Unlimited lemonade and ice water, plastic plates, napkins, utensils and cups for up to 20 children and 20 adults
- Additional Guests: $10.00 per person
Food and Beverage:
- Additional Pizzas: $18.00 per pizza plus tax and service charge
- Pepperoni or Cheese, 14” pizzas must be ordered in advance
- No outside food and beverage is allowed except the Birthday cake, finger sandwiches, fruit trays and vegetable trays
- No sparkler or relighting candles are allowed
- Ice cream and additional beverages available for advance purchase from Audubon
- Ice cream is not allowed from outside of Audubon
- No ice chests
- Face painters and characters are available upon request. Please ask your party coordinator for an estimate!
How far in advance should I book the party?
A minimum of 10 business days is required; however, advance booking is recommended.
Is there a deposit? If I cancel the party do I get my deposit refunded?
Upon booking a $100 nonrefundable deposit is processed. This $100 is put towards your party’s final balance. If you need to change the date of your party, the deposit can be transferred if the party is moved 14 business days in advance.
Can I see the room prior to the party?
We are happy to set up an appointment time to show you the party room.
Can I bring decorations to the room? Are balloons allowed?
Some decorations are allowed. Tabletop decorations are allowed. Nothing is permitted to be attached to the walls or doors, including banners and personal memorabilia. The room already has a beautiful porthole window for you to view the Gulf of Mexico Exhibit. Please keep in mind that Audubon Aquarium does not allow balloons, streamers, sparkler candles, relighting candles, or confetti in facility.
Can I bring my own plates, napkins, etc? Do I need to bring party favors?
Yes, you can bring your own plates, napkins and cups although we do provide you with clear plastic plates, utensils, and cups. You can bring your own party favors. Also, the Aquarium Gift Shop has a large selection of party favors and bags for your shopping convenience.
Where should I park and advise my guests to park?
Audubon Aquarium does offer discounted parking at both the Badine Lot and Canal Place. Parking ticket MUST be presented at Aquarium for discount to be given.
Will all my guests have to check in with the Birthday Party?
Will party guests who are members have to check in with the Birthday Party or can they utilize their membership? All guests who are attending an Audubon Aquarium Birthday Party will need to check in with the Birthday Party. Everyone, including adults and any children 2 years old and up, will be required to wear a wristband to be in the party room. This wristband acts as your admission ticket, allowing you to leave in and out of the Aquarium if you so choose.
Where do my guests check in? How late can my guests check in?
All of the guests will check in at the front gate. Guests will see a sign for Birthdays and enter through the left set of doors at the main entrance of the Audubon Aquarium. A birthday staff member will sign guests in, give them a birthday wristband, and direct the guests to the Gulf Birthday Room. Guests can check in with the birthday party for the first hour of the party. After that hour guests will not be allowed into the Aquarium as part of the party.
Do we have to leave the room exactly when our time is up?
Yes. The rental period is for two hours. Often, there is a party before or after yours. We will let you know when you have one hour left and then again when you have 15 minutes left in the room. However, you do have access to the Aquarium for the duration of the day.