Responsible for the operational aspects of each Beverage Function as an extension of management to ensure and enforce the policies and expectations of The Catering Service Department.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Report to work in a complete uniform according to Catering Department policy.
- Ensure that you are always anticipating the guests needs.
- Must be on radio and earpiece throughout the entire event for effective communications.
- Make sure bar set-up has been completed 30 minutes before event start time
- Supervise staff and event flow throughout the entire event.
- Assess staffing levels and their assignments
- Check employees for proper uniform.
- Abides by all Louisiana State Laws in regards to serving underage guests.
- Responsible for assisting the Beverage Manager in maintaining the safety of the bars and storage areas and enforcing the safety habits of all beverage workers.
- Responsible for organizing all beverages, paper products and/or glassware, and other supplies needed for catering functions.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Happily greet and welcome guests into our exceptional facilities.
- Responsible for helping organize, and direct the beverage staff in their primary function of stocking and serving product that both satisfies the guests and meets Catering Services standards.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Receive employees by making sure everyone punches in properly and signs in on the employee sign-in sheet.
- Responsible for assisting the Beverage Manager in inventory control and utilization of all beverages in the proper and most efficient manner.
- Responsible for the receiving and proper storage of beverage and beverage related purchases.
- Supervision: supervises the on-call beverage staff.
- Experience: prior beverage industry and supervisory experience required; 2 years minimum preferred.
- Education: high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Licensure/Certification: Louisiana Certification for serving alcohol
- Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.t
- Medium Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.