Drives revenue and provides an exceptional member experience through relationship building, membership and park knowledge sharing, and presenting a clean, safe, camera ready, work environment. Consistently achieves individual membership sales goals that support Member Services goals.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Consistently provides an exceptional member experience through sales, via cashier station and Raiser’s Edge database system
- Effectively communicates the value of membership, using expert knowledge to potential members, and encouraging purchase of renewal and upgrade to existing members, with a smile
- Recovers and replenishes the cashier station and maintains a clean, camera ready presentation
- Understands the Audubon Nature culture and ensures compliance with all Values & Behaviors, as well as Member Services operational standards
- Adheres to established Audubon Nature Institute uniform standards and reports to work at scheduled time, ready to work
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience (required)Supervision:
- Member Experience: ability to function as an Audubon Ambassador, ensuring the member remains the top priority; takes initiative to build a loyal member relationship
- Follows Direction: ability to sell, upgrade and provide member support with promotions and events
- Membership Packages: knowledge of Membership categories and different facility attributes
- Communication: demonstration of both verbal & written communication skills to leadership, internal & external clients; strong enough command of the English language to read, speak & write effectively
- Accuracy: ability to handle cash & provide change without error
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Thoroughly complete membership application and related forms, providing accurate and legible information to the processing department.
- Manage daily cash, check and credit card payments at front gate, sales cart and by telephone while adhering to Audubon’s Cash Handling policy. Closes all daily sales accurately, notating any discrepancies clearly.
- Maintains the quality and integrity of ANI member information through accurate record keeping, information gathering and data entry.
- Utilizes computer system, cash register and sales cart to perform service and sales duties. Responsible for maintaining a highly organized, neat and professional workspace. Stocks office, cart and booth with necessary supplies and incentives.
Desired Skills *
- Minimum one year sales associate or relevant experience in the retail industry with proven results
- Must be able to follow high customer service, quality and image standards.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and upbeat.
- Basic math, spelling and typing skills necessary. Good penmanship necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays and special events as necessary.
STEP INCREASES or be determined by length of service and performance evaluation scores.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors preferred
Software Requirements: Basic computer abilities preferred.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Medium Work: exerting up to 45 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.