The BCS Team Leader assists all necessary duties for execution of Birthday Parties for Carousel, Cool Zoo and Aquarium events as assigned, including, the execution of the Birthday Event.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Ensure that proper service standards are being met and upheld.
- Take direction from the Birthday Program Sales Manager and Birthday Party Supervisor.
- Communicate both information and needs with Zoo, Cool Zoo and Aquarium Operations to ensure a smooth flow between back of house and guest experience.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Assist the Sales Manager with office duties such as, but not limited to; returning calls responding to computer leads, creating BEO’s, sending confirmations, running deposits and finalizing invoices to ensure a quicker response to guests during times of heavier volume.
- Be the point of contact for birthday parties during the event when the Birthday Program Sales Manager and Supervisor are unable to attend.
- Actively execute set-up, implementation and breakdown of items for birthday parties including but not limited to: food delivery and placement, making lemonade, chafers, service-ware, serving pieces, paper goods and decorations.
- Maintain cleanliness of birthday party venues, including but not limited to, trash removal, sweeping, mopping and general cleaning of space.
- Oversee Cabana rental process as needed
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue on additional items before and on the day of Birthday Party.
- Maintain fiscal awareness of the cost to produce an event to assure maximum profit potential for Audubon.
- Update average checks in Delphi for accurate forecasting.
- Upsell packages for maximum revenue and net generation as well as “close the deal” the clients
Experience: Prefer prior food service or events industry experience.
Education: High school degree required.
Software Requirements: Learn Delphi for booking and payments; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Machine/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves standing most of the time, but may involve walking or sitting for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions required.
- Must possess excellent listening and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, with emphasis on ability to be a team player.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply common office practices and procedures in day-to-day departmental activities.
- Demonstrate use of sound judgment and discretion in making decisions, which comply with established procedures as well as the ability to handle new situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient relationships with all levels of staff, visitors and vendors.
- Ability to act with discretion and good judgment regarding confidential matters.
- Must have flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as business warrants.