Cashier sales of all Audubon general admission tickets, processing of group reservations, provide information and customer service for Audubon attractions, serve as the primary on-boarding/entrance team member for all guests entering and help maintain crowd control.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
- Maintain information booth, keep maps and guest materials stocked, contact other departments for information when necessary, and provide correct information with a smile in person and by phone
- Occasionally monitors facility for crowd control
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Sell tickets and up-selling combination tickets in every transaction
- Maintain a friendly, neat, and professional appearance in accordance with Audubon Image
- Utilize proper short-wave radio for communication
- Abide by all department and Audubon Nature Institute policy as outlined in the company and guest services handbook
- Maintain a professional relationship with fellow employees of Audubon Nature Institute and vendors
- Assist guests with lockers and strollers or wheelchairs entering the facility
- Maintain ticket queuing area – set up the stanchions and signage inside and outside the facility
- Answers questions and up-selling tickets in the line, breaks the line whenever necessary (this is departmentally known as “working the line”)
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Maintain an accurate accounting of cash drawer and sales
- Completes various daily financial reports and performs light clerical duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills (a people person)
- Computer literacy preferred but not required
- Cashier experience preferred but not required
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Software Requirements: General computer skills preferred.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to _15__ pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to _15__ pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.