To provide all guests with superior hospitality through food and beverage knowledge while upholding the policies and principles of the Audubon Nature Institute.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality (required)
- Report to work in a complete uniform according to Catering Department policy
- Smile, make eye contact and speak clearly
- Insure that you are always anticipating the guests’ needs
- Help with complete set-up and break down of stations and food prep areas
- Identify food or beverage by name noting any allergens
- Be sure to have proper equipment to be successful (ie. napkins, serving utensils, trash receptacles)
- Use multiple entrances from the kitchen to ensure that you are reaching all guests
- Always be moving to the guests, not stationary with the guest coming to you
- Buss all used items on all surfaces in your assigned area
- When your assigned area is clear, help maintain other areas of the venue
- Be sure that you are always moving on the floor, guest perception is key
- Be at post 20 minutes before event start time
- Obtain a counter for accurate guest count
- Help field guests' questions with event names and directions
Experience: Prior hospitality, or banquet, experience preferred, but not required.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer and phone.
- Active Work: exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting some of the time, but will involve walking or standing for lengthy periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Must have flexible availability to work days, nights and weekends.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.