To provide all guests with superior hospitality through food and beverage knowledge while upholding the policies and principles of the Audubon Nature Institute.
Report to work in a complete uniform according to Catering Department policy
- Prior hospitality or banquet experience preferred; background in seated service a plus
- Offer excellent service through-out the event; always remain attentive to the guests’ needs
- Smile, make eye contact and speak clearly when engaging with guests and co-workers
- Follow Dress Code Policy on attire and grooming
- Assume ownership of potential hazards (wipe-up spills, pick-up trash). Always adhering to the Audubon Camera Ready Policy.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to complete set-up and break-down of food stations and food prep areas
- Identify foods and beverages by name; noting any allergens
- Carry a captain’s tray for seated events
- Ability to enthusiastically learn new tasks
- Will involve walking or standing for lengthy periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.