The cart attendant ensures that all golf carts and related equipment meet Club standards, meet and greet Club guests at their car or bag drop-off area, and provide excellent customer service.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Opens and prepares cart facility;
- Prepares and maintains golf carts for use, including making sure they are clean, fully charged, operational and in above satisfactory condition
- Charges and maintains golf radios
- Maintains cart staging and cart cleaning area
- Ensures sand buckets on carts are full
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Operate carts and all equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Meets golfers at their car or bag drop-off area and assists in loading clubs onto a cart
- Assists annual pass holders and guests with their needs while on course assist golfers in returning their clubs to their car after their round, cleaning individual clubs as necessary or requested
- Greets all annual pass holders and guests with a cheerful smile and warm welcome as they arrive and a courteous farewell when they leave to provide a positive experience; address annual pass holders/guests by name whenever possible
- Perform other jobs as assigned by management.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the game of golf
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Professional appearance as outlined in the Audubon Handbook
- Must be able to work independently and function as a member of a team
Education: High School Diploma
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to operate a golf cart.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required. Must be able to frequently stand, walk or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach.
- Must have close visual acuity in order to operate equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors under conditions ranging from extreme hot to extreme cold.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (golf bag) and frequently up to 20 lbs using proper lifting techniques.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.