Accepting applications for January and February hiring. A Concession Worker must be able to work every position necessary to operate a concession stand. These duties include but are not limited to cashiering, food preparation, table bussing and cleaning duties.
- Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Prepare and present quality products according to the venue’s specifications and guidelines.
- Comply with safety regulations and health regulations according to the guide lines set by Audubon and the State Health Department.
- Attend and complete assigned training as scheduled
- Comply with any supervisor or manager job related request in a reasonable time
- Ability to learn proper use of all concession related equipment
- Ability to interact with customers through conversation and service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to resolve differences in a professional manner
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Provide friendly service to customers on a consistent basis
- Comply with uniform and attendance policies set by Audubon Nature Institute
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Comply with cash handling procedures
- The ability to learn to operate a cash register
Experience: Some food and beverage experience preferred
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred
- Medium work: lifting up to 50lbs pounds occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Will involve standing most of the time, but may involve walking or sitting for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25lbs pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends evening and holidays
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.