You are among the top students in Louisiana schools who fulfilled eligibility requirements based on academic excellence! The Patrick F. Taylor Foundation, Audubon Nature Institute, and New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) have teamed up to recognize your great work during the school year.
This statewide program rewards students in grades 7 through 12. If your GPA was 2.5 or higher, you’ve earned a membership to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and to NOMA. If your GPA was 3.0 and above you’ve earned a membership to the Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, NOMA, and Audubon Zoo!
Just flash your TAYLOR/AUDUBON/NOMA SCHOLAR MEMBERSHIP CARD for:
- Unlimited FREE admission for one year for one student and two parents/guardians at all times the facilities are open to the public.
- 10% off selected items in Audubon and NOMA gift shops.
- Free admission to Audubon Nature Institute festivals and to special Audubon member events such as SEAlebration and ZOObilation (Depending on membership category).
- Free admission to Entergy Giant Screen Theater.
Lost Your Taylor Membership Card?
If a card is reported as lost, students must bring their 3rd quarter report card with a photo ID to any Zoo or Aquarium membership window to request a new Taylor Award Certificate.
Taylor Member Reopening FAQs
How can Taylor Members visit? Do we need a timed ticket?
Taylor Members should visit as usual, bringing their Taylor Membership Card and School ID (if available) to obtain a ticket at the front gate. Please note that we are currently operating with limited capacity in accordance with guidelines from City and State officials. We may sell out on our busiest days, and walk-ups such as Taylor Members and others may need to wait for an available time slot.
I haven’t received my Taylor Membership Card.
How can I check on the status of my card? Unfortunately, cards were being shipped to schools just as safety measures in response to covid-19 were being implemented. While some schools received and distributed cards, others closed before receiving cards. Please reach out to your school for more information.
Does my school participate in the Taylor Awards Program?
Will Taylor Memberships be extended past August 31, 2021?
Audubon Zoo reopened in June 2020. This gives current Taylor Members 14 months to enjoy their Audubon Membership. We have no plans to extend Taylor Memberships at this time.
Will there be Taylor Family Free Days in 2020?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, 2020 Taylor Family Free Days are postponed until further notice. Taylor Members may use their Memberships for regular admission at our open facilities by presenting their Taylor card at the front gate Membership window. We appreciate your understanding.
Qualifications for Students (Grades 7-12)
• Students earning a 2.5 – 2.9 GPA during the 2019-20 school year will receive a one-year membership to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and the New Orleans Museum of Art.
• Students earning a 3.0+ GPA during the 2019-20 school year will, in addition to Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and NOMA memberships, receive a one-year membership to Audubon Zoo.
Principals, Teachers, Counselors
We look forward to helping you reward your hardworking students with FREE memberships to four of Louisiana’s most popular attractions. Learn how your school can participate in the Taylor Awards Program for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Principals, Teachers and Counselors: Due to the recent passage of Acts (#677 and #837) by the Louisiana Legislature, we can no longer request names or other data about your students. Instead, this year we ask that you submit only the number of qualifying students for each award level. We will ship blank membership certificates for you to personalize and distribute to students.
- Public School Invitation to Participate
- Non-Public School Invitation to Participate
- Special School Invitation to Participate
- How principals and guidance counselors can request certificates for eligible students
- Superintendent Letter
- How School Board officials can request certificates for eligible students
- Bese Letter
Last Year's Results
Questions About the Taylor Audubon Students and Scholars Program?