Audubon Nature Institute Public Relations Department is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field.
Audubon Nature Institute Public Relations Department is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations position with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have exceptional communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Monitor all forms of media (traditional and earned) related to Audubon Nature Institute properties
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating TV appearances, photo shoots, and other media events
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Write and edit press releases
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Create or update databases
- Occasional weekend work is required for various media events
- Assist with social media content ideas for various Audubon social media accounts
- Assist with PR ROI reports, monthly reports, and weekly reports
- Performs other duties as requested
Requirements and Expectations:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Advanced writing abilities
- Creative mindset
- Previous public relations experience preferred
- Preferred senior undergraduate status or pursuing a post-graduate degree
- Requires heavy public contact requiring considerable interpersonal skill, extensive interaction with the public and with donors, members and the press requiring a high degree of appreciation of customer service and professionalism
Intern must work a minimum of 20 hours per week for 10-14 weeks. Internship is unpaid.
This internship is ideal for students majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. This position requires strong writing skills and the creative drive to pursue captivating stories. This is a public-facing position, applicants must demonstrate the utmost level of professionalism at all times.
In this opportunity, time will be spent indoors and outdoors.
2019 Session Dates and Application Deadlines:
This is for a Fall 2019 internship. Application Deadline is July 26, 2019
How to Apply: