The Marketing Events team is looking for a highly organized and enthusiastic intern to support the team in researching, planning, organizing, and promoting Marketing’s revenue-generating and attendance driving events across Audubon Nature Institute facilities.
The Marketing Events Intern will gain knowledge of the strategy and planning for both small- and large-scale events, work with other divisions within the Marketing Department (PR, Social, Creative, Digital) to ensure effective event communication and promotion, and gain firsthand experience in event execution and logistics. This intern will also help to support the Travel & Tourism division of this team with research and hotel outreach support.
Marketing Events team support may include but is not limited to:
- Assist in event inventory management
- Conduct research needed to support all aspects of future events (i.e. conflicting events around town, peer event analysis)
- Research potential vendors and groups for event participation (Zoo Lights)
- Assist in developing and compiling contact list and schedule outline for Zoo Lights
- Maintain event vendor-related data
- Provide on-site support at events during internship (i.e. set-up, vendor check-in, break-down)
Travel & Tourism division support may include but is not limited to:
- Research local trends in Travel & Tourism
- Develop marketing material for hotel outreach
- Assist in local hotel outreach
- Maintain data related to Travel & Tourism efforts
Intern must work a minimum of 20 hours per week for 10-14 weeks. Internship is unpaid.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office programs
- Interests in Events Management, Events Production, Marketing
Intern will work mostly in an office setting. Audubon events are often held outside so the intern might be working outside in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions. Physical requirements may include walking, standing for longer periods of time, bending, lifting, and carrying.
2019 Session Dates and Application Deadlines:
This is for a Fall 2019 internship. Application Deadline is August 9, 2019
How to Apply: