Do you want to gain valuable career experience as a Human Resource Professional for an innovative and exciting nonprofit organization committed to celebrating the wonders of nature through our family of parks, attractions and museums dedicated to the natural environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will engage in various aspects of a Human Resources professional. Our office supports over 800 employees in multiple facilities in the New Orleans area. You will assist with various HR projects and will aid the HR Leadership Team and other HR team members in planning, evaluating, and implementing of new and existing initiatives.
Specific learning opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Internship Project Development
- Leadership Mentoring Opportunities
- Attendance in Leadership Meetings
- Job Shadow opportunities in all HR functions
- Sourcing & Recruitment
- New Employee Hiring Process
- New Employee Orientation
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Relations
- Training and Development Classes
- Employee Appreciation Initiatives
- HRMS system experience
- General office management
Successful Intern Characteristics:
- Passion for working with the public
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to stay on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Other administrative duties including- filing, faxing, typing and emailing.
Suggested fields of study include:
- Human Resources
- Organizational Psychology
General Timeframe for Internship; February/March - May 2018
Must be able to work a minimum of two to three full 8 hour business days
Internship is unpaid and no housing is provided.
In the event their preferred placement has been filled, qualified applicants may be referred to other Audubon departments. By submitting application materials, the candidate agrees to release their information to our internship staff.
Audubon Nature Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Audubon to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.