Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is located in Downtown New Orleans on the corner of North Peters and Canal Street. It is a short, easy stroll from Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
423 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Directions from the West
From Interstate 10 East, exit at Poydras Street (#234B). Continue on Poydras approximately 1 mile. Turn left on S. Peters Street. Turn left onto Canal Street. The Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is on the corner of Canal Street and North Peters. Enter on Canal Street.
Directions from the East
From Interstate 10 West, exit at Canal/Superdome (#35B), turning right onto Canal. The Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is on the corner of Canal Street and North Peters. Enter on Canal Street.
- Parking discounts are subject to change without notice and are often not applicable during major holidays, Carnival season, festivals and major sporting events.
- Self-parking is $5 off at the Badine Parking Lot and Canal Place Parking Garage.
- At the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Automated Whale Lot, Cash payments are not accepted—Credit/Debit Cards Only—self-parking is a flat rate of $9 up to 6 hours. If 6 hours is exceeded the rate would be $21 and greater. This special does not apply to any other Hilton lots.
- Parking tickets must be validated at the Aquarium, Theater or Butterfly Garden and Insectarium to receive the parking discount.
Street addresses of the participating parking lots:
Not all Premium Parking locations are included in the discounted parking program.
- Canal Place Parking Garage
100 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Badine Parking Lot
111 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Hilton Whale Wall Lot
728 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130
Metered parking is available. Please read the posted signs carefully as parking rules vary throughout the city.
Walking and using public transportation has an incredible impact on the environment. Simple changes to our daily routines can change the future of the planet. Consider public transportation for your next trip to the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium can be accessed by the Riverfront Streetcar Line or the Canal Street Streetcar line.
The Butterfly Garden and Insectarium can be accessed by the 5:Marigny-Bywater, 10:Tchoupitoulas, 16:South Claiborne, and 55:Elysian Fields lines. Many bus routes have stops on Canal Street, which provide riders with access within walking distance to the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium.
The Butterfly Garden and Insectarium can be accessed by both the Algiers and Gretna Ferries. The Algiers and Gretna Ferries offer riders a quick trip to the Canal Street Ferry Terminal at the foot of Canal Street. Read more about Ferry pricing and schedules.
From the Airport
The Airport-Downtown Express (E-2) provides service from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in Kenner to Downtown New Orleans. The E-2 stops at Carrollton and Tulane Avenues where it connects with the RTA's 39:Tulane bus. From there, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium guests can board the Canal Street Streetcar line to Downtown New Orleans. Read more about RTA bus routes, pricing and schedules.
Taxi Cab Service
Liberty Bell Cab: (504) 821-8222
New Orleans Carriage Cabs: (504) 207-7777
United Cabs: (504) 522-9771