10:00am – 2:00pm
This event is included with your Zoo admission!
Join us as we celebrate the Migratory Bird Treaty Centennial with bird-related activities around Audubon Zoo. Visit special exhibit stations to collect stickers in your Gulf Bird Fest Passport.
- Receive your Gulf Bird Fest Passport and collect stickers at participating partner activity stations!
- Meet Pierre The Pelican: 10:00 - 11:00am
- New Orleans Pelicans Dancers and Swoop Troop members: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Visit Entergy’s information station and receive a complimentary water bottle (while supplies last)
- Learn about backyard birding from the Southeast Louisiana National Wildlife Refuges Complex
- Learn about the Mississippi Sandhill Cranes program from the Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center and the Mississippi Sandhill release program from the Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge
- Visit with experts from the Orleans Audubon Society
- Learn about bird rehabilitation from Audubon Zoo animal care staff
- Experience bird banding with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- Spin the Bird Call Karaoke Wheel
- Learn about bird feeding from the Wild Bird Center of Covington
- Take selfies with an owl mascot or a wingspan banner!
- Dissect owl pellets with assistance from Southeast Louisiana National Wildlife Refuges Complex
Shell Wildlife on Stage
- Potawatomi Native American Dance Performance with a discussion on historical ceremonial uses of migratory bird feathers: 11:00am
- Make a bird mask craft
- Fly Tying with Bud Guidry
Audubon Marketplace Gift Shop
- Petit Pierre and the Floating Marsh Children's Book
Cajun Ballroom in the Louisiana Swamp Exhibit
- Jr. Duck Stamp Art exhibit
Scheduled activities subject to change.
North Mississippi Refuges Complex
By attending this event you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's Photography Policy.