PLEASE NOTE: Due to our ongoing host facility preparations for the AZA National Conference in September, our group volunteer opportunities are very limited during the months of June-September 2019. We thank you for your patience with us if we are unable to host your group this summer, and we hope you will consider volunteering this fall!
Audubon Nature Institute welcomes corporate, school, and other volunteer groups to help us celebrate the wonders of nature. Volunteer groups make a powerful impact in our community by helping Audubon complete projects across our parks and facilities.
Group volunteer opportunities are available year-round, although availability is dependent on group size and interests, time of year, and current facility needs. See below to learn more about the parameters and categories for group volunteer opportunities at Audubon.
Group Volunteer Service Parameters
- Please submit all inquiries at least 30 days prior to your preferred day of service.
- Projects are typically scheduled in shifts of three to four hours.
- Most projects cannot accommodate more than 25 volunteers at a time, and many are best suited for groups of 10 or fewer volunteers.
Project availability for larger groups is limited.
- Group participants must be age 13 or older. For groups with minors (under 18 years of age), a minimum of one chaperone per 10 minors must be provided by the group.
- All participants must be willing to sign volunteer waivers prior to their service.
Volunteer Project Categories*
- Horticulture, Gardening, and Grounds Maintenance
- Park Beautification and Clean-Up
- Minor Building Projects, Painting, Etc.
- Creating Animal Enrichment (e.g. toys, puzzle feeders, etc. out of items such as cardboard and paper)
- Wetlands Habitat Restoration at the Audubon Louisiana Nature Center
- Special Events and Office Assistance
* Each project will vary depending on Audubon’s current needs, and group size and interests.