Audubon Nature Institute welcomes corporate, school and other volunteer groups to help us celebrate the wonders of nature. Volunteer groups make a powerful impact in our community by helping Audubon complete projects at our 10 nature-themed facilities that serve and educate the greater New Orleans area. Sign-up today to have your group help Audubon make a greater and greener impact on our community!
Group volunteer opportunities at Audubon are available year-round, with project variations due to the time of the year and needs of Audubon Nature Institute. See below to learn more about the parameters and categories for group volunteer opportunities at Audubon.
Volunteer Group Parameters
- Projects are scheduled in shifts of three to four hours
- Each opportunity can typically accommodate 25 or fewer participants.
- Group participants must be age 13 or older
- A minimum of one chaperone per 10 minors (under 18 years) must be provided by the group.
- Due to limited availability of projects, requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
- Outdoor Projects: gardening, weeding, moving substrate (soil, sand, rocks, gravel), eradication of invasive plants, park-pick-up, etc.
- Indoor Projects: preparing materials for programs, sorting items for special events, dusting and cleaning indoor spaces, etc.
- Special Events: helping with event setup, greeting guests, manning craft and activity tables, providing event support, cleanup etc. Major Audubon events include ZOObilation, SEAlebration, Earth Fest, Zoo-To-Do for Kids and more!
* Each project will vary depending on Audubon’s needs and the interest of the group.