We recommend groups to book 2 weeks in advance.
Are there any days/seasons not included for groups to book?
- No reservations are to be made on Orleans Parish Appreciation Days (see calendar here), guests are able to book year round
How many adults per child in group trips?
- The ratio for adult(s) and chaperones is, 1 Adult (18 years of age or older) to every 10 children.
How to make the most of zoo or aquarium trips.
- Students, regardless of age, must remain with their teachers and/or adult chaperones at all times
- Respect the rights of visitors and animals to a pleasant and peaceful environment.
- Excessive noise or throwing things is extremely stressful for both animals and visitors. Tapping on exhibit glass is not allowed.
- Chasing or otherwise interfering with free range and wild animals such as peacocks, turtles, ducks, and squirrels is strictly prohibited.
- Please walk - no running or chasing.
- Visitors may not feed or tease animals with food items.
- Keep feet below the top rail and bodies behind the rails. With some animals, such as tigers, alligators, and jaguars, climbing over barricades or sticking hands near the exhibits is EXTREMELY dangerous for visitors.
- Please place trash where it belongs, in either trash receptacles or recycling. Recycling receptacles are available throughout the zoo
If the rules aren’t followed:
- Students without adult supervision or displaying unacceptable disruptive behavior are escorted from the zoo, and the school’s principal is notified of the incident.