The Superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course. Responsibilities include supervising the maintenance of the golf course and repair of maintenance equipment and rendering professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the Audubon Nature Institute as required. The Superintendent will coordinate operations with the golf professional.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Manage and maintain properties on the golf course including playing areas, practice areas, maintenance equipment, landscaping, restrooms, potable water, and maintenance facilities.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, and supervise a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the golf course.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish goals.
- Plan all maintenance and project work, applying his/her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve Audubon Nature Institute’s maintenance standards and long range goals.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world.
- Keep up to date on conservation & naturalization efforts and changes to the wildlife inventory.
- Be ready to answer the questions of our park guests and golfers and inform them of our efforts regarding conservation and the Audubon International Sanctuary program.
- Maintain a nature path through our naturalized areas of the course.
- Maintain signage to educate our visitors on the diversity of wildlife on the golf course.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Prepare the annual budgets for the maintenance of the golf course.
- Approve all expenditures and exercises cost control measures to keep, as nearly as possible, operating expenses within the approved budget.
- Acquire equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain the golf course.
- Responsible for inventory control and oversee the equipment maintenance program.
- Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, and pesticide applications.
Supervision: Golf Maintenance staff.
Experience: 5 years experience in Golf Maintenance with a minimum of 2 years of Assistant Superintendent experience.
Education: Bachelors required in Turf Grass Management, Agronomy, or related field.
- State Commercial Pesticide Applicator
- Louisiana Driver’s License
Software Requirements: Proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have the ability to utilize all manner of hand equipment and self-propelled machinery within the scope of golf maintenance.
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy Work: exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or a necessary amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, early morning shifts and evenings as required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures
- Exposure to outdoor conditions
- Exposure to exhaust fumes for short periods of time.