Bartender and Bar backs will provide necessary help with the setting up and breaking down of events as well as provide professional service throughout an event. They will assist the Beverage Manager/Captain with the storage of product and the maintenance of equipment used in the special event function.
- Greet and welcome guests into our exceptional facilities.
- Accommodate and serve guests at Audubon Nature Institute functions in an appropriate, friendly manner.
- Use extensive knowledge of drinks to make recommendations to guests to further their experience.
- Consistently replenish bartender’s product, glassware and ice supply in order to allow bartenders to provide uninterrupted service to guests.
- Assist in bussing and in other necessary catering functions whenever primary responsibilities allow.
Enhance guest experience (required)
- When designing/dressing bars and when specialty drinks and/or Martini bars are requested, bartenders and bar backs will use their creative capabilities to design a beverage station equal to Caterings level of standards.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Bartenders: Make drinks in a conservative manner using the appropriate pour measurement.
Experience: Prior bartending or banquet bar experience required.
Education: High school diploma.
Licensure/Certification: Louisiana Certification for serving alcohol
- Active Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.