Responsible for achieving the annual financial plan for clubhouse special events through organized sales, prospecting and marketing programs.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Adhere to all of the various written and mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job
- Provide input to Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations and Food and Beverage Manager on hiring, scheduling and discharging of service personnel as they relate to catering
- Analyzes the requirements of the function and decides type of service necessary; works with published catering menus or structures menu proposal, deciding prices with Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations, Chef, and Food and Beverage Manager and closes sale where necessary with proposal, draws up contract, procures client’s signature, and collects necessary deposits in timely manner.
- Become proficient in the use of Salesforce Delphi & any additional Catering Management Software utilized.
- Design and market Special Prospecting Projects to bring in more business, such as; wedding promotions, Meeting Planners Promotion, Administrative Assistant programs, and any other marketing programs increasing prospecting base
- Develop and maintain a sufficient prospect inventory to insure on-going contact with existing client base. Maintain a minimum of 10 – 20 “A” prospects that will book within 30 days
- Maintain a minimum of 100 leads that are in the process of qualifying as a prospect
- Works hands-on in conjunction with Clubhouse Service Managers to setup and execute events from start to finish.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Monitor and report on satisfaction of private party functions by submitting a copy of all post event surveys to Management Team when closing Manager.
- Assists in managing running inventory of Event equipment and wares.
- Work with Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations, Chef, and Food and Beverage Manager to successfully plan and implement Audubon (zoo and aquarium) and golf club events.
- Conduct weekly catering operations meeting with Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations, Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager, Service Supervisors, etc., to review client’s wants/needs and overall operational flow of parties plus distribute individual function sheets complete with function details and diagrams for all events.
- Meets hosts of parties daily and reviews private dining rooms and service requirements. Reacts daily to Guests requests and concerns regarding food and beverage service for private parties
- Be able to independently solve problems of host and guests with catered functions.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Works with Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations and Clubhouse Food and Beverage Manager to review goals and a plan of how to achieve them. This meeting will include review of Catering Sales Forecasts and upcoming prospecting focus, plus review of Prospect Inventory and Sales Management Reports
- Work with the Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to establish profitable catering menus that meets the clients/guests needs
- Responsible for Clubhouse Catering Department and achieving the prepared Sales plan which has significant impact on the overall financial well-being of the Club
Experience: Minimum of 2 years commissioned sales experience, preferably in catering or banquet sales.
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred.
Software Requirements: Proficient in M.S. Word, Excel, Outlook and Delphi or similar catering/banquet management software.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone, and copy machine.
- Medium Work: May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as business warrants
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
- Must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, with emphasis on ability to be a team leader.
- Demonstrate use of sound judgement and discretion in making decisions, which comply with established procedures as well as the ability to handle new situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply common office practices and procedures in day to day departmental activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient relationships with all levels of staff, visitors and vendors.
- Ability to act with discretion and good judgement regarding confidential matters.