The Stewarding Supervisor will report to the Assistant Executive and Executive steward. Responsibilities include completing all steward functions such as: maintain kitchen equipment and storage facility cleanliness and ensure proper pulls and set-up of functions for the front/back of the house for all Audubon Nature Institute facilities to accomplish the goals of the Stewarding Department. Must act as liaisons between customers and food preparation staff, ensuring that both are properly accommodated.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Responsible for maintenance on equipment used for guest functions to ensure incredible presentation and outstanding guest experience quality.
- Help maintain an accurate inventory for all china, glassware, silverware, chaffers the ensure equipment numbers are accurate for the guest experience.
- Complete all pulls for functions in a timely manner; deliver pulls to their assigned locations according to the Catering Manager's instructions in order to provide quality guest experience
- To undertake any duties as directed by the Assistant or Steward Supervisor
- Close down checklists that are laid out
- Ensure all breakages are kept to a minimum and breakages are recorded. Breakage and lost should be kept to a minimum
- Ensure the dishwasher is emptied and cleaned after every service
- Maintain trash and take to dumpsters as needed
- Ensure silverware, dishes, chaffers, and various equipment is cleaned and polished before an event.
- To ensure other duties are carried out as requested by the Stewarding Supervisor, Chefs, in the department.
- Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean and dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, and dry mop
- Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area.
- Maintain cleanliness of mops, garbage cans, service areas, poker chips, carts, trucks, and other equipment needed for Stewarding, Culinary, and Catering functions.
- Maintain pot and pan stations by making sure pots are cleaned, sanitized, and put away free of food and debris.
- Ensure all equipment is put away clean and ready for use
- Responsible for cleaning bodily fluids in restrooms during parties.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending and executing stewarding standards in order to ensure guests receive the best product.
- Maintain presentable appearance and friendly attitude when interacting with guest to ensure quality performance.
- Familiarize with Audubon facilities maps and guest policies to extend help when needed to enhance guest experience.
- Retrieve equipment from other facilities and return it back to its proper facility and location to increase time efficiency when responding to unexpected change.
- It is the responsibility of the Steward to communicate with front of house managers or captains before the events in regards to setting up and putting away in-house tables and chairs at the Audubon Aquarium. It is also the responsibility of the Stewarding Department to put away tables and chairs at the Aquarium.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Must follow guidelines for use of equipment in order to ensure proper use without damage
- Must follow Audubon Vehicle operations and safety regulations
- Must complete job task in efficient timely manner in order to achieve financial sufficiency.
- Must be able to protect and prevent lost of equipment.
- Must be able to use chemicals properly to prevent over usage.
Experience: Must have at least 6 months of Food and Beverage experience
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure/Certification: Safe Serve, driver’s license
Software Requirements: N/A
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, and phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Ability to adequately drive Catering box truck, cargo vans, and golf carts
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.