The Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations is responsible for the operation and promotion of Audubon Park Golf Course, Golf Pro Shop, and The Clubhouse Café. The Director will manage the following: (1) Audubon Park Golf Course operations, golf outing sales and special events, and course maintenance; (2) The Golf Pro Shop, (3) The Clubhouse Café restaurant, including the dining room, quick serve operation, the kitchen, and beverage carts. Through the Clubhouse Café, the Director will also oversee a substantial catering and special events program that ranges from large seated dinners to wedding ceremonies and receptions. The director is responsible for achieving revenue goals and managing expenditures, and must be able to foster a team atmosphere to encourage collaboration among departments transactions.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Foster and enforce excellent customer service and collaboration at all levels.
- Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate management staff, including the Director, are on site during operating hours or after-hours events to ensure consistent quality and guest satisfaction.
- Plan, procure and oversee course improvements to maintain a high-quality experience.
- Work to increase sales in the Clubhouse, coordinate events and ensure Audubon’s high standards of food quality and customer service are maintained.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish goals.
- Take responsibility for managing relationships with third-parties, including managing several events simultaneously to ensure each guest has excellent customer service to encourage repeat visits.
- Willingly assist in all areas of operations based on sound judgment of needs.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world.
- Work with the Chef and Clubhouse Café Manager to actively participate in Audubon’s conservation and sustainability initiatives, eg, sustainable seafood initiatives, no plastic straws, etc.
- Work with the Audubon marketing team to develop and implement a long-term marketing plan directed at locals and repeat customers as well as tourists, positioning the course and clubhouse as a vital part of the Audubon Nature Institute family of parks and museums
- Be ready to answer the questions of our park guests and golfers and inform them of our efforts regarding conservation and park operations.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Ensure accountability of all teams, including developing and maintaining budgets, managing to meet or exceed sales goals and controlling expenditures, especially staff and food costs.
- Improve communication with current and potential customers, including improvement in yield management and tee time scheduling. Assist with developing relationships to foster repeat golfers and outings.
- Suggest innovative pricing strategies to drive business.
- Work with Chef and Clubhouse Café Manager to alter operating hours and menus in order to attract a larger customer base, including appealing to golfers and other park users throughout the day. Ensure menu is cost effective and prices accurately reflect the cost and kitchen effort while still appealing to market.
- Analyze and monitor financial performance including forecasting results and analyzing market trends. Develop dynamic action plans for meeting or exceeding goals for each team.
- Ensure expenditures are in line with industry standards for a similar course and food operation.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all equipment, including projecting need for replacement in a timely manner.
- Oversee coordination of events to ensure maximization of profit and use of all facilities.
- Foster a team environment and encourage others to find efficiencies among departments.
- Approve all expenditures and exercise cost control measures to keep, as nearly as possible, operating expenses within the approved budget.
- Maintain appropriate inventory control.
- Maintain accurate and complete records regarding golf rounds, food and beverage and shop sales, customer data, merchandise inventory, scheduling, payroll, inventory, weather, agronomy etc.
- Supervision: Golf Course and Clubhouse Café employees; direct reports include Golf Course Superintendent, Head Golf Professional, Clubhouse Café General Manager and Clubhouse Catering Sales Manager.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience as golf General Manager, Director or equivalent at a high volume, high quality course with a minimum of 2 years’ additional experience in restaurant management or catering sales.
Education: Bachelors degree required in related field.
Software Requirements: proficient in Microsoft Office suite and willingness to learn and implement new programs
- Must be able to utilize all manner of hand equipment and self-propelled machinery within the scope of golf course operations and maintenance.
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy Work: exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or a necessary amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Involves walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, early morning shifts and evenings as required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures
- Exposure to outdoor conditions
- Exposure to exhaust fumes for short periods of time.