Supervises daily operations of the gift shops; trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates staff; trains staff on stand out customer service to ensure a quality guest experience.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Train and supervise staff to ensure an outstanding visitor experience.
- Assign and monitor daily staff assignments and tasks; follow up for completion
- Assist all customers with shop purchases in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Direct the opening and closing of stores with sufficient staff to maximize service and profitability.
- Alert Gift Shop manager to possible staff disciplinary problems.
- Identify and respond to POS problems; communicates as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective, efficient and service driven relationships with guests, vendors and staff.
- Handle all customer service matters immediately; refund, phone calls exchanges, etc.
- Handle confidential communications and matter as required.
- Enforce all ANI uniform policies.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized store.
- Merchandise new product for maximum sales.
- Merchandise as needed to refresh existing displays.
- Ensure that guests are greeted when they walk into the store.
- Maintain a floor presence during hours of operation to assist both guests and associates.
- Have knowledge of facility daily presentations; the Audubon Experience; the IMAX schedule, and general ANI information in order to answer guests’ questions and/or direct them to the appropriate place for information.
- Communicate merchandise needs and/or requests to the Warehouse staff.
- Communicate and execute disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Report on equipment malfunction with vendors; penny machine, photo booth, etc.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Carefully train staff in proper cash handling procedures and POS operation.
- Monitor labor hours of staff to maximize customer service while streamlining payroll.
- Help prepare and assists with annual inventory.
- Assist with planning and monitoring departmental budgets on supplies, uniforms, etc.
- Track incentives in order to meet sales goals.
- Track individual goals and tracks $1 donations.
- Assist with loss prevention in stores, with special focus on heavy group days.
- Identify and communicate challenges to the Gift Shop Manager.
- Accurately and quickly reconcile all receipts at the end of each work day and records totals including all necessary documentation on a settlement sheet; completes daily spreadsheet and emails totals.
- Communicate with Finance personnel regarding cash and credit card discrepancies.
- Run the Verifone credit card settlement report daily.
Supervision: Supervises Gift Shop Associates.
Experience: One year of retail supervisory experience required; heavy cash handling required
Education: High school diploma required; Bachelors preffered
Licensure/Certification: Not applicable.
Software Requirements: Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.