The Security Staff Sergeant supervises all shift sergeants responsible for coordinating patrols of building, park and ground all the Audubon Downtown attractions and Woldenberg Riverfront Park to ensure the safety of the guests, staff, animals and building integrity and acts as a liaison to internal and external customer related to Security operations and issues. Acts as a resource to the department managers related to all Security functions.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Maintains department employee files.
- Manages subordinate sergeants and officers.
- Evaluates sergeants and other subordinates when necessary.
- Issues reprimands/rewards to all subordinates.
- Assumes duties of sergeants and officers when necessary.
- Maintains all personnel records for each person in the department.
- Maintains file for all incident reports and monitors completion.
- Trains new officers and assists Staff Sergeant with training of new sergeants.
- Coordinates continued education of officers.
- Assists Dept Director with updating the Security handbook and distribution.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Monitors security rounds that are performed on a daily basis and maintains records of these rounds.
- Responsible for monitoring any dangerous behavior as well as any and all types of hazards in the park as well as all Downtown attractions.
- Acts as first supervision line of defense to ensure all departments are informed/uses proper radio protocol.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Input and monitors payroll for department to meet budget limitations.
- Assists Director in achieving Strategic planning and yearly departmental goals.
- Able to sign off on minor purchase orders and check requisitions.
- Prepares Event staff schedule and assists supervisors with daily operational staff schedule.
- Maintains of all equipment and security mobile units.
- Orders minor daily supplies as needed.
Supervision: Security sergeants and officers at all Downtown facilities
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2 years’ previous experience in a managerial level supervising five or more people preferably security staff.
- A strong working knowledge of local and state bylaws on security policies and procedures and the ability to convey and train staff in these procedures.
- Must have experience in security management and have knowledge, capabilities as well as the drive to develop well-trained security personnel.
- Ability to pass a CPR course.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Must have a valid driver’s license
Software Requirements: General computer skills preferred
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Working knowledge of basic computer software programs, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or Outlook Express, with the initiative and ability to increase knowledge base as needed in this area.
- Very Heavy Work: exerting up to 55 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.