Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, is responsible for miscellaneous tasks involved in the maintenance, operation and safe condition of the buildings, exhibits, equipment and grounds. Executes all in-house construction projects related to maintaining building, exhibits and grounds integrity.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Execute miscellaneous in-house construction tasks, including but not limited to painting, carrying equipment for specialized jobs, preparing work areas for daily and special projects, i.e. applying scaffolding, placing ladders, dropping cloths, etc. and cleaning work areas.
- Inspect all equipment for safe and dependable operation, reporting items that need repair to the Maintenance Manager when needed.
- Work in accordance with Maintenance Manager in implementing a rodent control program for the building and the park; also responsible for documentation of baiting and stations placed and processed.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Check in and pick up departmental deliveries.
- Adhere to all safety standards in the use of equipment, products and PPE.
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a clean, well organized and safe condition.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in maintaining Material Safety Data sheets on all products used in the Maintenance Area.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Proficient in operating various large pieces of equipment needed to perform job responsibilities, including but not limited to: man lifts; forklifts and other related equipment.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in maintaining inventory of products needed for operation.
- Have ability to further education in compliance with state and/or federal laws governing A.N.I.s compliance.
Experience: Minimum of two years of maintenance experience.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Software Requirements: A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office with the initiative to develop computer skills in any other software applications deemed necessary with improving performance.
- Industrial truck and High Reach
- Valid Drivers License
- Required to complete GSA background certification upon completion of 3 month satisfactory probationary period
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine, combination miter saw, hammer drills, compressors, routers, nail guns, drill press, drain augers, forklifts, golf carts, wet saws and a large area of hand tools.
- Very heavy work: exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Will involve walking or standing for majority of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- An ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Ability to organize and effectively prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays and / or weekends.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.