Responsible for providing friendly, prompt service to all pass holders and customers. Responsible for helping to maintain an accurate inventory, assisting with golf tournaments, running handicap system, running the tee sheet on a day to day basis, collecting monies and charging the proper accounts for all sales transactions.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Greet and enthusiastically provide each golf customer/group with the course conditions, cart path rules, tee yardages, and any other pertinent information
- Responsible for making reservations and assigning the play of golfers
- Making tee time reservations while working closely with the Starter/Marshal to ensure smooth operation and traffic flow on the course
- Ensures the Pro Shop and rental equipment are clean and in working order on a daily basis
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Opening and closing the Pro Shop according to procedures established by GM – Head Professional
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of services for golf tournaments (Calligraphy for scoreboard, Setup/Breakdown of tournament, and making sure the guests have the best time possible) and other special activities
- Coordinates handicap system with putting scores in for the guests and adding new members to the system.
- Assist the Head Professional and Assistant professional with junior clinics.
- Communicates and enforces club rules including dress code and beverage policies
- Performs light custodial operations such as sweeping, mopping, washing equipment and collecting trash as needed
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner and encourages others to do the same
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Accurately processes the collection of retail and green fee sales by utilizing POS
- Coordinates displays, organizes storage for back-up stock, folds and straightens merchandise, oversees Pro Shop cleaning
- Take deposits, purchases orders, and check requisitions across street to finance.
- Make sure the Pro shop always has adequate change for the day (1’s, 5’s and 10’s)
- Other duties as assigned by GM – Head Professional, Assistant Golf Professional
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the game of golf
- Must be able to work independently and function as a member of a team
Education: High School Diploma
Software Requirements: Proficiency in excel, word, GHIN Handicap system, and POS Software
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to ___ pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to ___ pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.