Journey into space with the popular planetarium.
From the earth to the moon and on to the stars, the Planetarium at Audubon Louisiana Nature Center has new technology including real-time images from NASA, a state-of-the-art projection system, and custom programming. Blast off into the great blue beyond from New Orleans East!
Planetarium shows for large groups are by reservation only, and may affect availability. Seating is limited.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 2:30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 10:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm
Ticket are available on-site, in the Interpretive Center, during regular hours (Wed - Sun: 10:00am-4:30pm). Cash is not accepted.
- Adult: $7.50 non-members / $6.50 members (plus tax)
- Child: $6.00 non-members / $5.00 members (plus tax)
- Senior: $7.50 non-members / $6.50 members (plus tax)
About the Show
- Title: The Universe in Our Backyard
- Synopsis: An entertaining, audience-directed exploration of the cosmos, followed by one of a selection of short feature films.
- Length: Approximately 45 minutes
Planetarium Field Trips
- Title: Solar System Safari
- Synopsis: Join us on a Solar System Safari and take your students on an interactive and engaging tour of our solar system and its outer limits. Our show allows for audience participation as you decide where we will travel on our out-of-this-world safari! Show is appropriate for all grade levels.
Click here to learn about other field trip opportunities and book your planetarium show at the Audubon Louisiana Nature Center.
Planetarium Trip Tips
- Seating is limited, and first come first served. Tickets are available on-site and at ticket kiosks at other Audubon attractions.
- Programs begin promptly. We suggest you arrive with plenty of time to park, visit the restrooms, etc. The doors will open 10 minutes before showtime and close precisely at showtime.
- Planetariums are not like movie theaters. They are too dark to allow audience members to come and go as they please (it is dangerous and disruptive). Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Visit the restrooms before the program begins. Once the lights go down, visitors can leave, but are not permitted to reenter.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but do not expire, and can be used at a later show time, if seating is not available.
- Showtimes run 30-45 minutes.
- Planetariums are great places for kids, but to recreate a nighttime environment the theater has to be extra dark. As a general rule, planetarium shows are not recommended for children under 4 years of age.
- Strollers are not permitted inside the Planetarium.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Planetarium.
- Photography of any kind is not allowed once the show has begun.
- Please turn off cell phones, beepers, and other noisy electronic devices while inside the theater.
- The theater is fully accessible, but guests that require accommodations are encouraged to call ahead to reserve resources (504) 587-2105.
Host a child's birthday party at the Nature Center and include a planetarium show!