EACH OF US HAS THE POWER TO IMPACT NATURE & WILDLIFE
- FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE, AND WE EXIST FOR THE BETTER -
Hiring for a variety of great opportunities at Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and Audubon Park Golf Course.
Now seeking to fill part and full time positions.
See Audubon's internship opportunities.
Join Audubon Nature Institute and become a part of an organization that is doing a world of good by linking conservation efforts that protect endangered species, habitats, and nature to experiences that spark individual action. Each job is important to the overall success of the operation of Audubon Nature Institute. Audubon is seeking candidates for full-time and part-time positions. Audubon Nature Institute is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
WHY JOIN THE AUDUBON TEAM?
- Members of the Audubon Team make a positive impact on nature and wildlife every day.
- We offer upward mobility and opportunities for promotion. Many members of our team began at Audubon in entry-level guest services positions and worked their way up to leadership roles.
- Enjoy the wildest place to work in New Orleans. How many people can say their commute is to the Zoo or Aquarium or Park?
- Audubon employs one of the most varied selection of positions of any organization in the area from animal care staff to gift shop cashiers to plumbers to accountants.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: Audubon Nature Institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Under the PSLF program, employees may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on your William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loan Program) loans after you have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full- time.
- Audubon employs enjoy a wide range of perks, including:
- Free admission to the Zoo, Aquarium, and Nature Center
- Zoo, Cool Zoo, and Aquarium guest passes for family and friends
- Discounts at the gift shops and concession stands
- Discounted Audubon Membership and Gift Memberships
- Discounted tickets for exclusive functions like Hancock Whitney Zoo-To-Do
- Discounted greens fee to the Audubon Golf Course
- Paid conservation leave to volunteer for conservation efforts that embody Audubon’s mission or support community events
- Free in-person and virtual career development trainings
- Discounted pet insurance policies
- Employees enjoy an excellent benefits package:
- Paid Leave, including:
- Personal Time Off: Regular full-time employees will be awarded PTO according to their years of service. Regular part-time employees receive 7 days of PTO for every 2,000 hours worked.
- Parental Leave for full-time employees—five days per rolling 12-month period upon the birth or adoption of a new baby or child.
- Short Term Disability: Full-time employees are awarded disability earnings to use for a qualifying injury or illness that prevents one from performing their job duties. This benefit is determined by length of service.
- Long Term Disability: Full-time employees working also accumulate disability earnings to use after an employee has been on an approved medical disability for 90 days.
- Health Benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage is currently provided through Humana. All full-time and part-time employees are eligible for dental and vision coverage. At this time, only full-time employees are eligible for medical coverage. Benefit eligibility begins of the 1st day of the month following the completion of sixty (60) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP): Audubon provides employees with an EAP that offers confidential, professional assistance to help in the resolution of issues that affect their personal lives or job performance.
- The opportunity to participate in additional savings and insurance programs, including:
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan: All employees, both full-time and part-time can elect to contribute to their 403(b) retirement plan through MetLife. Audubon will match 37.5% up to 8% of your retirement contribution.
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Full-time employees can elect life insurance through CIGNA.
- AFLAC accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness insurance plans.
COVID-19 PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED FOR ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS AS FOLLOWS:
All Audubon Nature Institute employees must submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or request a medical or religious exemption. Employees granted a vaccination exemption must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours every time they come on campus.
Applicants are required to wear a face mask indoors.
Applicants coming on campus will need to present one of the following:
(a) Proof of at least at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received full approval or emergency use authorization from the U.S. FDA or the WHO
– OR –
(b) a negative PCR or antibody COVID test taken within the last 72 hours to come onsite.
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes:
- LA Wallet App SMART Health Card
- An original, digital photo, or photocopy of CDC Vaccination Card (both sides)
- An official vaccine record issued by another state, a foreign nation or the WHO (World Health Organization)
For more information, contact Audubon’s Human Resources department at (504) 212-5334.