Summer Camp Registration: Zoo Explorers is for kids entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade.
There are quite a few New Orleans summer camps to choose from and at this age your child has specific interests. Audubon Zoo Explorers Camp is for those children that are interested in animals, the natural environment and the life sciences.
At Audubon Zoo Explorer summer camps, the campers explore nature and animal science topics through a weekly schedule of arts and crafts, daily visits through the zoo, hands-on activities, animal encounters, behind-the-scenes tours and much more. Zoo Explorers expand on their theme weekly through a field trip or zoo overnight.
Audubon Nature Institute strives to accommodate all interested children. Please understand that our camps are very active, with multiple transitions and sensory changes throughout the day. All campers are expected to follow directions and safety rules. While we are a traditional camp (not specialized for specific special needs), we welcome all children and do our very best to accommodate every child. Please read our FAQ's for more information.
- Ages: Entering 6th - 8th Grade *New Age/Grade Levels
- Zoo Camp FAQ's
- Fees: $315.00/week for Members; $375.00/week for Non-members
Overnight weeks now include a regular camp day on Friday. Overnight Week Fees: $365.00 for Members; $425.00 for Non-members.
- Camp runs from 9am - 3pm
- Before care ($7.00 per day) available at 7:30am
- Aftercare ($10.00 per day) available to 5:30pm
Register for individual weeks or four week sessions.
To register click on the name of the week or weeks you are interested in written in blue below. That will take you to our online registration. All registrations are done online, no paper applications are available.
- All 4 Weeks: June 3 - June 28
- Week 1: Field Biology of Southeast Asian Species, June 3 - 7
- Week 2: Ocean Conservation, June 10 - 14
- Week 3: Urban Ecology, June 17 - 21
- Week 4: Apex Predators of Africa, June 24 - 28 - OVERNIGHT WEEK
- All 4 Weeks: July 8 - August 2
- Week 5: Macro-Organisms vs. Micro-Organisms, July 8 - 12
- Week 6: Watch on Wetlands, July 15 - 19
- Week 7: Careers in Science, July 22 - 26
- Week 8: Journey to Amazonia, July 28 - August 2 - OVERNIGHT WEEK