Summer Camp Registration begins March 1, 2018 - Zoo Explorers is for kids entering 5th, 6th or 7th grade.
There are quite a few New Orleans summer camps to choose from and at this age your child has specific interests. Audubon Zoo Explorers Camp is for those children that are interested in animals, the outdoors and the life sciences.
At Audubon's New Orleans summer camps, the campers explore nature and animal science topics through a weekly schedule of arts and crafts, daily visits through the zoo, hands-on activities, animal encounters, behind-the-scenes tours and much more. Zoo Explorers take a weekly field trip or zoo overnight.
Don't worry about your child getting bored, every week Audubon Zoo Explorer Summer campers get to discover a new theme and participate in corresponding activities.
Audubon Nature Institute strives to accommodate all interested children. Please understand that our camps are very active, with multiple transitions and sensory changes throughout the day. All campers are expected to follow directions and safety rules. While we are a traditional camp (not specialized for specific special needs), we welcome all children and do our very best to accommodate every child. Please read our FAQ's for more information.
- Ages: Entering Grades 5th - 7th
- Zoo Camp FAQ's
- Fees: $315.00/week for Members; $365.00/week for Non-members
- Camp runs from 9am - 3pm
- Before care ($7.00 per day) available at 7:30am
- Aftercare ($10.00 per day) available to 5:30pm
Register for individual weeks or four week sessions
To register click on the name of the week or weeks you are interested in written in blue below. That will take you to our online registration. All registrations are done online, no paper applications are available.
- All 5 weeks: May 29 - June 29: All
- Week 1: Symphony of the Sea, May 29 - June 1 (No Camp Monday, May 28)
- Week 2: Exploring Southeast Asia, June 4 - 8
- Week 3: African Safari, June 11 - 15
- Week 4: Weird Science, June 18 - 22
- Week 5: Wildlife Conservation, June 25 - June 29 (This is an overnight week)
- All 3 weeks: July 9 - 27
- Week 6: The Rainforest Rule, July 9 - 13
- Week 7: Zoo Business, July 16 - 20
- Week 8: Nocturnal Animals, July 23 - 27 (This is an overnight week)
Zoo Camp Scholarships
Audubon Zoo offers a limited number of Summer Camp scholarships, ranging from partial scholarships to full scholarships which cover the cost of one week of participation. Please complete and submit an application to be considered for a scholarship.
Scholarships are limited and applying for a scholarship does not guarantee a spot in a summer program. To guarantee your child a spot in camp, you may choose to register your child once registration opens. If your child is later granted a scholarship, we will refund the appropriate charges.
Application deadline: May 1, 2018
Scholarship Application: Application