Private birthday party rooms near the Swamp Train Depot and the Gottesman Family Endangered Species Carousel offer charming spaces to celebrate your little one and their special moments.
Parties are available:
10:30am - 12:30pm
1:30pm - 3:30pm
Party Venue Rates:
Tropical Cabana or Jungle Hut Parties
$425.00 - Non-Member
$375.00 - Member
$550.00 - Non-Member
$500.00 - Member
Zoo Birthday Party Includes:
- 2 hours of a temperature controlled private party room
- Zoo admission for birthday party guests
- Wristband for unlimited rides on Endangered Species Carousel (if operational) and Swamp Train.
- Pizzas (cheese or pepperoni) (2 pizzas included with Tropical Cabana/Jungle Hut Parties) (3 pizzas included with Safari Den party)
- Unlimited lemonade and ice water, plastic plates, napkins, utensils and cups*
(*15 children and 15 adults for Tropical Cabana/Jungle Hut)
(*20 children and 20 adults for Safari Den)
- Additional Guests: $8.00 per person
Food and Beverage:
- Additional Pizzas: $17.00 per pizza plus tax and service charge
- Pepperoni or Cheese, 16” pizzas must be ordered in advance
- No outside food and beverage is allowed except the Birthday cake, finger sandwiches, fruit trays and vegetable trays
- No sparkler or relighting candles are allowed
- Ice cream and additional beverages available for advance purchase from Audubon
- No ice chests
- Ice cream is not allowed from outside of Audubon
Extras Available to Audubon Members Only:
- Private Carousel Experience 9:00am-10:00am for Members only.
(Party time would be 9:00am - 12:00pm)
*Booking form is required to reserve a date. Reservation is not guaranteed until Credit Card Authorization Form is received and $100 Nonrefundable Deposit is processed. Authorization Form and Deposit must be received within 48 hours of booking. Final balance is due at time of event, credit card or cash only. Final menu item changes and additions to order are due a minimum of 5 business days in advance. No refunds will be issued for parties canceled within 14 business days of the party. If a party is canceled 14 business days prior to party date, the $100 deposit will not be refunded. Both children and adults are to be counted as guests. Carousel parties have a rain or shine policy. No balloons, streamers, confetti, straws or cup lids allowed on zoo grounds. All entertainment services must be booked through your Audubon Birthday Coordinator.
How far in advance should I book the party?
A minimum of 10 business days is required; however, advance booking is recommended.
Is there a deposit? If I cancel the party do I get my deposit refunded?
Upon booking a $100 nonrefundable deposit is processed. This $100 is put towards your party’s final balance. If you need to change the date of your party, the deposit can be transferred if the party is moved 14 business days in advance.
What is the difference in the room?
• The Safari Den is the largest room and seats up to 20 children.
• The Jungle Hut is a large room also, but only seats 15 children.
• The Tropical Cabana is our smallest and is designed for parties of 15 children or less.
Can I see the room prior to the party?
We are happy to set up an appointment time to show you the party room. Please make an appointment with your party coordinator to see the rooms.
Can I bring decorations to the room? Are balloons allowed?
Some decorations are allowed. Tabletop decorations are allowed, as well as small banners or posters, which can be taped to the doors or metal frames around the doors. Nothing is permitted to be attached to the walls, including banners and personal memorabilia. Please keep in mind that Audubon Zoo does not allow balloons, streamers, confetti, straws, or cup lids on zoo grounds.
Can I bring my own plates, napkins, etc? Do I need to bring party favors?
Yes, you can bring your own plates, napkins and cups although we do provide you with clear plastic plates, utensils, and cups. You can bring your own party favors. Also, Audubon Marketplace has a large selection of party favors and bags for your shopping convenience.
Do we have to leave the room exactly when our time is up?
Yes. The rental period is for two hours. Often, there is a party before or after yours. We will let you know when you have one hour left and then again when you have 15 minutes left in the room. However, you do have access to the Zoo all day long.
Will all my guests have to check in with the Birthday Window? Will party guests who are members have to check in at the Birthday Window or can they utilize their membership?
All guests who are attending an Audubon Birthday party will need to check in at the Birthday Party Window. Everyone, including adults and any children 2 years old and up, will be required to wear a wristband to be in the party room. This wristband is not only good for unlimited rides on the Endangered Species Carousel and Swamp Train, but will also act as your admission ticket, allowing you to leave in and out of the Zoo if you choose.
Any other questions?
Fantastic Birthday Party
Recently had my son's fifth birthday party using the Jungle Hut. It was fantastic. We were running late as usual and the two party hosts helped set up and make everything perfect! They showed up at the right times to ensure pizza and cake were served. I had no worries throughout the day. I would highly recommend the zoo for any parties.
— Lauren, TripAdvisor