Boo at the Zoo
Please note: Tickets will only be honored for night purchased.
- Friday, October 25: 5pm-9pm
- Saturday, October 26: 5pm-9pm
- Sunday, October 27: 4pm-8pm
Bring your little ghosts and goblins to Boo at the Zoo! This annual Audubon Zoo extravaganza is a safe, fun-filled Halloween event for children up to age 12, featuring trick-or-treat houses with candy, Ghost Train (which can be scary for children and adults), a haunted house (scary and non-scary), games, entertainment and more. All games and treats, except concessions, are free with admission.
Enjoy the following activities and entertainment, nightly at Boo at the Zoo!
- Zombie-themed Ghost Train Ride
- train line closes at 7:30pm on October 25 and 26
- train line closes at 6:30pm on October 27
- Ghost Train may be scary for riders
- Monster Maze by a-MAZE-ing returns
- Scary and non-scary Haunted Mansion
- Trick-or-Treat Houses for little goblins to stock up on treats
- Fun activities and inflatables
- Special Toddler Area
- Age-appropriate inflatables
- Toddler activities
- Live entertainment on two stages
- Audubon Zoo Animal Encounters
- Endangered Species Carousel included in admission
- Costume and Stroller-wagon decorating contest
- And much more!
All animal exhibits will be closed during Boo at the Zoo.
- Boo at the Zoo tickets: $20 per person (adult and child). Appropriate taxes and fees apply.
- Adults and all children 12 months and over must purchase tickets. Children under 12 months of age are admitted free.
- No member discount.
- Complimentary passes cannot be honored.
- Event is 5:00pm-9:00pm October 26-27 and 4:00-8:00pm October 28. Ticket holders may enter at any time. Each person entering the event needs a ticket.
- Boo at the Zoo is a fundraiser for Children's Hospital and Audubon Zoo. Should a ticket holder be unable to attend, your purchase should be considered a donation; there will be no refunds nor will tickets be honored on another night or year.
- Event is held rain or shine.
- A limited number of tickets will be sold for each night.
- Event usually sells out.
- Tickets will be honored only for the date purchased. Those ticket holders attempting to enter on another night will experience denied entry.
- No outside food and beverages allowed.
- Designated bags are distributed at Boo at the Zoo and are available for children to use for Trick or Treat. Please use only these bags. Bags will be distributed at entrance to trick or treat area.
- Beef slider with French Fries & Siracha Mayo - $8.00
- Alligator slider with French Fries & Creole Mustard Mayo - $8.00
- Chicken Audubon Pasta - $7.00
- Audubon Cheesesteak - $8.00
- Hamburger w/ chips - $8.00
- Hot dog w/ chips - $7.00
- Nachos - $5.00
- PB&J - $4.00
- Chips - $2.00
- Mac-n-Cheese - $7.00
- Meat Pie - 2 for $7.00 / 1 for $4.00
- Mozzarella Sticks - $6.00
- BBQ Pork Sandwich - $7.00
Love At First Bite
- Chicken Tenders w/ Fries - $10.00
- Red Beans & Rice - $6.00
- Jambalaya - $7.00
- Chicken Tenders w/ Red Beans & Rice - $12.00
- Soda - $3.50
- Water - $3.50
- Beer - $6.00
- Mixed Drinks - $7.00
- Doubles - $10.00
- Wine - $6.00
Before You Arrive
- Tickets sales are limited each night and the event usually sells out prior to event nights.
- When online ticket sales end any available tickets must be purchased at the Zoo.
- Children under 12 months of age enjoy complimentary admission.
- Gates open at 5:00 pm on October 26-27; 4:00pm on October 28.
- All games and treats, except concessions, are free with admission.
- No outside food or beverages allowed. Guest food vendors, as well as Zoo Concessions and Catering departments will be selling delicious food at the event. Beverages, including child-friendly and adult-friendly, are also for sale.
- Lines form quickly for popular activities, so arrive early to allow time to do all the activities you choose. We suggest you map out your strategy before you arrive.
- Boo at the Zoo will be held rain or shine.
- Parking is available on the paved lots, the large grass lots in front of the Zoo, on Magazine Street (both sides) and on Riverview (lights and security provided).
- Look for security staff if assistance is needed.
At the Event
- Trick or-Treat candy bags are provided to children and are distributed at the entrance to the Trick-or-Treat area.
- The Ghost Train line closes at 7:30pm October 26-27; 6:30pm October 28. This allows those already in line to ride the train before it closes for the night.
- The Ghost Train can be scary for young and old! We recommend a minimum age of 8 years.
- The Haunted Mansion offers a scary and not-so-scary version for guests.
- Animal exhibits are not open but animal presentations are held by the elephant fountain each night.
- Don’t want to bring your camera? Magic Moments can snap your family photo upon entry. Purchase prices vary by package.
Thank you for your support of this vital fundraiser for Audubon Zoo and Children’s Hospital!
Be a part of the annual Boo at the Zoo Costume Contest and Stroller/Wagon Decoration Contest!
- Put together a creative, spooky, funny or imaginative costume and wear it on your body.
- All costumes are welcome. Costumes may be homemade or purchased. Please keep your costume “family friendly’.
- You must be between 0 - 100 years old and not dead. If you appear to be dead, but can walk, that is okay.
- Strollers/wagons must allow for the transportation of at least one child.
- All elements of the costumes must be wearable or carried. Wagons/strollers must be pre-decorated at time of contest.
- Groups must consist of a combination of adults and children and must be a minimum of 3.
- This contest will only be held on October 26, 27, and 28.
- Best Group Costume
- Best Stroller/Wagon décor
- Guests cannot enter both categories
How to Enter:
- Download and bring your completed Costume Entry Form with you to Boo at the Zoo.
- Hand in your entry form by the Capital One Bank main stage. If you didn't print out an entry form in advance you can sign up during the event.
- After confirmation of entry is received, all groups and those with strollers/wagons must report to Main Stage by 7:15pm on Friday and Saturday; and 6:15pm on Sunday or forfeit entry.
- There is no additional fee to enter once in the event.
- An impartial panel of mostly alive judges will determine the winners, announce them that night and award prizes.
- Each night the winners of each category will receive an Audubon Nature Institute Family Membership.
Children's Hospital is a proud partner of Boo at the Zoo and proceeds from this event benefit Audubon Zoo and Children's Hospital.
How do I get tickets?
If the event is not sold out, you may purchase your tickets online. You may choose the “print at home” option in which your tickets will be e-mailed to you and you may print them from any computer or you can choose to have your tickets placed at Will Call. No tickets will be mailed. Please double check the night for which you are purchasing. Sold out nights will be removed from the ticketing system, so please note the date before you finalize your purchase.
If I choose to have my tickets placed at Will Call, when and where can I get my tickets?
You will receive an e-mail with a confirmation number once you have placed your online order for tickets. Bring this confirmation number to a ticket window at any Audubon facility during normal operating hours to pick up your tickets. No tickets will be mailed.
What should I do if I lose my ticket?
If you chose the “print at home” option, you can reprint the ticket from the e-mail that was sent to you. Each ticket has a unique barcode and is only valid for one use. Once a ticket is scanned upon entrance, any duplicates will be voided and admission will be denied. If you picked up your online ticket order at Will Call, your order can be looked up and tickets reprinted at the facility, however, the original tickets will be voided and admission will be denied.
Am I allowed to bring in food and/or beverages?
No ice chests or outside food and beverage will be allowed with the exception of baby food/formula. Guest food vendors, as well as Zoo Concessions and Catering departments will be selling delicious food at the event. Beverages, including child-friendly and adult-friendly, are also for sale.
Can I bring a wagon?
Yes. Wagons, strollers, and wheelchairs are welcome. Guest are encouraged to bring their own.
Are wheelchairs and strollers available for rent?
Wheelchairs and strollers are not available for rent during Boo at the Zoo.
Do Audubon members receive a discount on tickets?
Boo at the Zoo is a fundraiser for Children’s Hospital and Audubon Zoo. No ticket discounts are offered. For questions regarding your order, call 1-800-774-7394, for all other questions call (504) 861-2537.
I can't make it for the night I purchased tickets. Can I switch them for another night?
Tickets will be honored ONLY for the night purchased. You are welcome to sell your tickets to another person and purchase tickets for another night—providing there are tickets available. Boo at the Zoo is a sell out event.