Have you ever wondered what penguin feathers feel like? Go behind the scenes at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas for an up-close encounter with an endangered African penguin. This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity for an intimate, hands-on experience with a penguin in a private encounter area. An Aquarium aviculturist will be with you to answer questions and guide you through the experience. Your ticket also includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled Wild Encounter!
- Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm; and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am and 1:30pm
- $115/person Members; $125/person Non-Members (plus sales tax)
Backstage Penguin Pass Highlights
- Meet a penguin up close!
- Learn about penguins and how the Aquarium cares for them.
- Visit the Aquarium Prep Kitchen where you will help prepare a meal for our penguin colony.
- Take your own photos to capture the unforgettable moment.
- Includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled time.
- Every person attending must have a ticket.
- Encounters are limited to 6 guests, 4 years of age and older.
- All participants 16 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (21 or older).
- One adult must accompany each child under 10 years of age (one adult per child).
- Advance tickets recommended.
- The last ticket sold for an experience will be 15 minutes before the tour.
- Book online, at one of the Aquarium's ticket windows, or call 1-800-774-7394.
Before You Arrive
- Backstage Penguin Pass lasts approximately 1 hour.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled Backstage Penguin Pass.
- Remember to bring your ticket with you. Mobile passes accepted.
- Tickets must be purchased at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the program.
- Guests participating in the 10:00am program, please check in at the Theater lobby located next to the Aquarium.
- Guests participating in the 1:30pm program, please check in at the Information Booth in the Aquarium lobby.
- Guests with food related allergies should be aware that our aquatic animals may be offered shellfish, finfish, or crustaceans.
If you do not show up or cancel at least 48 hours prior to your experience you will forfeit the entire price of your Wild Encounter. Please call 1-800-774-7394 at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment to cancel your visit. Leave call back information, confirmation number, date, and time of your visit for valid cancellations. Backstage Penguin Pass will be automatically canceled if party arrives later than 15 minutes after scheduled program time. Payments will be processed as a donation to Audubon Nature Institute.
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is not responsible for unauthorized duplication, lost, or stolen tickets. In the event that duplicate copies appear, the facility reserves the right to refuse entry to all ticket holders. Tickets are not for resale. In the unusual event facility staff is unable to provide this program on the date scheduled, the participant is entitled to reschedule an alternate date, or to receive a refund.