Audubon Nature Institute is joining with other AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums to raise funds for the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund to support Zoos Victoria’s relief efforts for Australian wildlife affected by the fires.
From the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund:
Across the national bushfire-affected areas, it is estimated that as many as 500 million animals – including critically endangered species – have perished in the bushfires, with the full impact impossible to determine.
Entering the sites of the current bushfires remains unsafe; Zoos Victoria is taking a responsive role, understanding that our work is going to be most needed in the coming months.
What is required right now are funds to ensure we are best placed to deploy this assistance when the time comes.
Every donation will fund:
• Emergency veterinary care • Scientific intervention (such as exploring supplementary feeding for the animals who have survived, but whose habitats have been destroyed by the bushfires)
As a not-for-profit organization, all money raised will be used in consultation with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning to ensure it is most effectively assisting injured wildlife and their habitat.
You Can Make An Impact:
• Donate directly to the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund Donate
• Donate in person at any Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, or Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium front gate during normal facility operating hours
• Round your purchase up to the nearest dollar or make a donation to Audubon during check out at any Audubon retail location, and Audubon will donate 10% of your round-up to the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund
• Purchase a limited-edition koala or kangaroo plush at the Audubon Zoo Marketplace gift shop through January 31 - Audubon will donate all proceeds to the Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund