Near the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Walnut St.
Shelter #12 has undergone a full renovation, including handicap-accessible paths, new restrooms, a roof replacement and landscaping improvements that include several 670-gallon oak trees and irrigation upgrades.
This outdoor space has a nearby playground and is ideal for barbecues, family parties, and kid's birthday parties. Audubon Shelter rentals are perfect for hosting your next event without breaking the bank.
Location: Shelter #12 is located near the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Walnut St.
Rental Information: Shelter rental is $350/day. Spacewalks are allowed but users must provide a generator for power, and submit a certificate of insurance at least 10 days in advance of event. Amplified music is not allowed at this shelter. Water and electricity are provided for cooking and small appliances.
Availability: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Sq ft: 1,600
- Outlets: 4
- Capacity: 25 seated / 40 sheltered
- Table: 2
- Restrooms: Men's and Women's
- Shelter Rules
Walnut Street Playground
The new Walnut Street Playground, located near Shelter #12, promotes interactive physical, cognitive, visual and hearing experiences for all. The unique design offers a welcoming environment for children with mobility challenges, including playground equipment accessible for people who use wheelchairs. In addition, the design presents a variety of features that provide sensory engagement and promote the development of motor skills. There are benefits for adults, too. For parents and grandparents who face mobility challenges, the new playground is built to encourage cross-generational play, a key to building strong family ties.
Examples of the inclusive playground features are wheelchair-accessible areas, including a bongo drum panel that allows children to have fun with rhythm and tone, a Braille and Clock Panel, a Periscope Reach, a Ring-a-Bell Reach and a bridge with guardrails. The largest playground feature is the “ZipKrooz,” a two-way ride similar to a zip line, which includes a track with a bucket seat for children with limited core strength. The playground also has conventional attractions such as slides, parallel bars, a balance beam, boogie board, and tightrope bridge.
- Audubon does not allow items such as tents, bounce houses, spacewalks, or other inflatables to be staked into the ground. We request that sandbags are used to prevent damage to the grounds.
- If you are having an item delivered to Audubon Park or Riverview, then it must be removed the same day.
- Vendors must provide a generator for any inflatable. Do not plug inflatables into shelter outlets.
- Water slides and/or any other water inflatables are prohibited.
- We must have a proof of liability insurance on file for inflatables prior to the event.
- Please note that spacewalks and tents are permitted only to guests with approved shelter rentals or park permits.