SHELTER #10 & NEWMAN BANDSTAND
LOCATION: AUDUBON PARK (6500 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70118) - On Magazine Street, near the Golf Clubhouse
Due to unforeseen impacts of COVID-19, please note the following:
BIRTHDAY PARTIES, PARK PERMITS, SHELTERS
Currently, Shelters are not being rented. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For outdoor events like family reunions, corporate picnics, and kids birthday parties, New Orleans has many options. Audubon Shelter rentals are affordable and perfect for your next event.
Located on Magazine Street, near the Golf Clubhouse, and across the street from Audubon Zoo. Shelter and bandstand rental is $1,000/day for all general bookings or $1,500/day for all races/walkathons. Water and electricity are provided for cooking and small appliances. Spacewalks are allowed but users must provide a generator for power, and submit a certificate of insurance at least 10 days in advance of event. Newman Bandstand is the only location in Audubon Park where amplified music is permitted. Music with profanity will not be tolerated. A $300 deposit is required to place Port-O-Lets on park grounds.
- Sq ft: 6,600
- Outlets: 8
- Capacity: 60 seated / 200 sheltered
- Table: 4
- Restrooms: Men's and Women's
- Security/parking attendant fees are included for all events.
- Shelter Rules
This shelter can only be reserved (1) one year in advance. Races/walkathons are suggested to reserve (12) months in advance for registration and solicitation of participants/sponsors.
- Audubon does not allow items such as tents, bounce houses, spacewalks, or other inflatables to be staked into the ground. We request that sandbags are used to prevent damage to the grounds.
- If you are having an item delivered to Audubon Park or Riverview, then it must be removed the same day.
- Vendors must provide a generator for any inflatable. Do not plug inflatables into shelter outlets.
- Water slides and/or any other water inflatables are prohibited.
- We must have a proof of liability insurance on file for inflatables prior to the event.
- Please note that spacewalk and tents are permitted only to guests with approved shelter rentals or park permits.