Cool off at Cool Zoo, the wild and wet splash park at Audubon Zoo!
Cool Zoo is CLOSED for the season
2017 Open Dates:
- April 14 - April 23 (Spring Break)
- April 24 - May 26 (Open Weekends Only)
- May 27 - August 11 (Open 7 Days a Week)
- August 12 - September 4 (Open Weekends Only)
- Open Monday, September 4 in honor of Labor Day
Cool Zoo/Gator Run is subject to close temporarily during inclement weather.
Cool Zoo, a wild and wet splash park, is one of the top water parks in New Orleans and a hot spot for kids to cool down at Audubon Zoo. Highlights include Gator Run, jumping water spouts, a huge alligator water slide, spider monkey soakers and water-spitting snakes. There is also shaded seating, family restrooms, an expanded stroller area inside the splash park, a Snack N' Splash concession stand and The Cool Shop carrying a variety of summertime necessities. The splash park offers three different splash zones with one area specifically for toddlers and younger kids. Need a place to stow your items? Lockers are available for a fee.
Gator Run, the lazy river, is part of Cool Zoo and has quickly become a choice spot to beat the summer heat. Visitor favorites include the 750 foot lazy river with two sand beaches, lounge chairs, four water cannons, two water curtains and jumping jets. The lazy river is three feet deep and takes approximately seven minutes to make a round trip. Gator Run also offers a food cart concession area, outdoor seating, additional showers and restrooms. Rafts are free for all floaters and kids under 48 inches will need a life jacket (supplied by Audubon Zoo). Bring your own towel or purchase a new one in The Cool Shop!
Cool Zoo/Gator Run is located beside the Gottesman Family Endangered Species Carousel.
Make your next party a splash at Cool Zoo!
$12 non-members / $10 members (includes tax)
Cool Zoo admission is an additional purchase to your Zoo ticket and includes Gator Run.
Everyone entering Cool Zoo, 2 years and older, must have a wristband including adults supervising children.
Purchase Cool Zoo wristbands at the front gate or at the Carousel ticket booth.
$14 non-members/ $12 members (includes tax)
Our best deal! Enjoy all-day, unlimited admission to Cool Zoo, Gator Run, Train rides and Carousel rides with the purchase of the Pay One Price (POP) attractions wristband.
Purchase Cool Zoo POP wristbands at the front gate or at the Carousel ticket booth.
Zoo/Cool Zoo Combo Ticket:
Adult: $29.95 (includes tax)
Child: $24.95 (includes tax)
Senior: $26.95 (includes tax)
Purchase Zoo/Cool Zoo Combo tickets at the Zoo front gate.
Daily Cabana Rentals Include: All day access to semi-private bungalow with two lounge chairs, an ottoman and four complimentary bottles of water. Available on splash pad or sand beach surrounding lazy river $100 per cabana for nonmembers or $75 per cabana for members. Zoo and Cool Zoo admission purchased separately.
Book your cabana rental HERE!
Cool Zoo/Gator Run Rules:
- Cool Zoo wristbands must be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Families with strollers must park stroller in the stroller area or near the stroller parking located outside of Cool Zoo.
- Wagons, lounge chairs, swim toys and inflatable devices are not permitted.
- Suitcases, backpacks or coolers (with or without wheels) must not be larger than 28-quart size. One per family. Alcohol is not permitted. Glass containers, disposable straws and lids are not permitted for the safety of our animals. Audubon reserves the right to search coolers and backpacks.
- No smoking.
- “Family Appropriate” swimwear and attire is required and subject to splash park approval. Not allowed: visible undergarments, jeans, thongs, denim, long pants, belts, cut-off shorts, speedos, etc.
- Swim diapers required for children who are not potty trained.
- Swimwear must be covered before exiting Cool Zoo.
- Walk, do not run.
- No climbing up slides.
- Food and drink must be kept outside of splash zones.
- Maximum capacity: 2,000
Gator Run River Rules:
- No food allowed in the river.
- Children under 48 inches tall must wear a life vest.
- No stopping and standing in place while in the river.
- No diving.
- Do not leave tubes in the river.
- No street shoes allowed in the river.
- Maximum capacity: 350
- By attending Cool Zoo/Gator Run you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's photography policy.
Designed by Audubon Studios.