Cool off at Cool Zoo, the wild and wet splash park at Audubon Zoo!
2016 Operating Schedule:
- May 16 - August 14 (Open 7 Days a Week)
- August 15-October 2 (Open Weekends Only)
Gator Run, the new lazy river, is part of Cool Zoo and has quickly become a favorite spot to beat the summer heat. Visitors favorites include the 750 foot lazy river with two sand beaches, lounge chairs, four water cannons, two water curtains and jumping jets. The lazy river is three feet deep and takes approximately seven minutes to make a round trip. Gator Run also offers a food cart concession area, outdoor seating, additional showers and restrooms. Rafts are free for all floaters and kids under 48 inches will need a life jacket (supplied by Audubon Zoo). Bring your own towel or purchase a new one in The Cool Shop!
Cool Zoo, a wild and wet splash park, is one of the top water parks in New Orleans and a hot spot for kids to cool down at Audubon Zoo. Highlights include Gator Run, a new lazy river, jumping water spouts, a huge alligator water slide, a spider monkey soaker, water-spitting snakes and more. There is also shaded seating, family restrooms, an expanded stroller area inside the splash park, a Snack N' Splash concession stand and The Cool Shop carrying a variety of summertime necessities.
In addition to Gator Run, the splash park offers three different splash zones with one area specifically for toddlers and younger kids. Cool Zoo is located beside the Gottesman Family Endangered Species Carousel.
Need a place to stow your items? Lockers are available for a fee.
Admission: $12 non-members / $10 members (includes tax)
Cool Zoo admission is an additional purchase to your Zoo ticket and includes Gator Run.
Everyone entering Cool Zoo, 2 years and older, must have a wristband including adults supervising children.
POP Wristband: $14 non-members/ $12 members (includes tax)
Our best deal! Enjoy all-day, unlimited admission to Cool Zoo, Gator Run, Train rides and Carousel rides with the purchase of the Pay One Price (POP) attractions wristband.
Purchase Cool Zoo wristbands at the front gate or at the Carousel ticket booth.
Photo Gallery: View our Cool Zoo Photo Gallery on Flickr
Cool Zoo Parties: Make your next party a splash at Cool Zoo! Read more.
Please Note: Cool Zoo/Gator Run is subject to close temporarily during inclement weather.
Cool Zoo/Gator Run Rules:
- Cool Zoo wristbands must be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Families with strollers must park stroller in the stroller area or near the stroller parking located outside of Cool Zoo.
- Wagons, lounge chairs, swim toys and inflatable devices are not permitted.
- No ice chests are allowed.
- No smoking.
- “Family Appropriate” swimwear and attire is required and subject to splash park approval. Not allowed: visible undergarments, jeans, thongs, denim, long pants, belts, cut-off shorts, speedos, etc.
- Swim diapers required for children who are not potty trained.
- Swimwear must be covered before exiting Cool Zoo.
- Walk, do not run.
- No climbing up slides.
- Food and drink must be kept outside of splash zones.
- Maximum capacity: 2,000
Gator Run River Rules:
- No food allowed in the river.
- Children under 48 inches tall must wear a life vest.
- No stopping and standing in place while in the river.
- No diving.
- Do not leave tubes in the river.
- No street shoes allowed in the river.
- Maximum capacity: 350
- By attending Cool Zoo/Gator Run you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's photography policy.
Designed by Audubon Studios.