Join Audubon Zoo in celebrating World Oceans Day June 11 and 12, 2016 from 11am until 3pm! There will be family friendly activities around the sea lion lower and upper pools celebrating the wonders of the ocean and the importance of conservation. There will be an opportunity to win some great raffle prizes, with all proceeds going towards a conservation fund. Representatives from local organizations will also be present to help spread the word of what we can do to keep our oceans healthy. Healthy ocean, healthy planet!
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation and Audubon G.U.L.F. will have representatives here to help teach guests about the importance of ocean conservation. Activities will take place all around the sea lion exhibit. These activities include:
- Ocean storytelling in the sea lion theater
- Bird feeders made from recycled bottles craft station
- Selfie station where guests can make a pledge to turn to using reusable bags rather than plastic ones
- And MORE!
We will also be conducting a raffle, with all proceeds going to conservation.
On June 11, 2016 at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas there will be special educational activities spread throughout the Aquarium. These activities will focus on keeping our oceans and planet healthy. Two of the featured activities are:
- The "Better Bag Challenge" teaching about the benefits of reusable bags
- "Selfie For the Seas" photo booth
By attending this event you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's Photography Policy.