A birthday bash at Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium offers a special Centipede Suite party room, a spectacular butterfly garden, an immersion theater to delight all five senses and hands-on bug encounters. Give your child a day they will always remember at one of New Orleans’ most unique party venues! Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium birthday parties can be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
Saturdays and Sundays
10:30am – 12:30pm and 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Birthday Party Includes:
- 2 hours of a temperature controlled private party room
- Insectarium admission for birthday party guests
- A live bug encounter
- A celebrity chef cooking show
- 3 Pizzas (cheese or pepperoni)
- Unlimited lemonade and ice water, plastic plates, napkins, utensils and cups for up to 20 children and 20 adults
- $8 per person (Plus 3% sales tax)
Food and Beverage:
- Additional Pizzas: $18.00 per pizza plus tax and service charge
- Pepperoni or Cheese, 16” pizzas must be ordered in advance
- No outside food and beverage is allowed except the Birthday cake, finger sandwiches, fruit trays and vegetable trays
- No sparkler or relighting candles are allowed
- Ice cream and additional beverages available for advance purchase from Audubon
- Ice Cream is not allowed from outside of Audubon
- No ice chests
1. How far in advance should I book the party?
A minimum of 10 business days is required; however, advance booking is recommended.
2. Is there a deposit? If I cancel the party do I get my deposit refunded?
Upon booking a $100 nonrefundable deposit is processed. This $100 is put towards your party’s final balance. If you need to change the date of your party, the deposit can be transferred if the party is moved 14 business days in advance.
3. Can I bring decorations to the room? Are balloons allowed?
Some decorations are allowed. Tabletop decorations are allowed. Nothing is permitted to be attached to the walls including banners and personal memorabilia. Please keep in mind that Audubon Insectarium does not allow streamers, sparkler candles, relighting candles, or confetti in facility. Balloons are allowed in the party room ONLY.
4. Can I bring my own plates, napkins, etc? Do I need to bring party favors?
Yes, you can bring your own plates, napkins and cups although we do provide you with clear plastic plates, utensils, and cups. You can bring your own party favors. Also, Insectarium Flea Market has a large selection of party favors and bags for your shopping convenience.
5. Will all my guest have to check in? Will party guests who are members have to check in or can they utilize their membership?
All guests who are attending an Audubon Birthday party will need to enter through main lobby and go through security. All guests should state they are attending a party and give the birthday child/children’s name to gain access to party area. Everyone, including adults and any children 2 years old and up, will sign in and be hand-stamped once inside of the party room. This stamp will act as your admission ticket, allowing you to leave in and out of the Insectarium if you so choose.
6. How late can my guests check in?
Guests can check in with the birthday party for the first hour of the party. After that hour guests will not be allowed into the Insectarium as part of the party.
7. Do we have to leave the room exactly when our time is up?
Yes. The rental period is for two hours. Often, there is a party before or after yours. Your party host will discuss the party timeline before the event begins. However, you and your guests do have access to the rest of the building all day long.
8. Where should I park and advise my guests to park?
Audubon Insectarium does offer discounted parking at both the Badine Lot and Canal Place. Parking ticket MUST be presented at Insectarium for discount to be given.
9. How do I get my decorations or cake inside the building and to party area?
Before unloading your vehicle please enter the building and let security know you have arrived. The birthday team will be notified and meet you with a utility cart. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended at any time. Audubon is NOT responsible for any city issued parking violations.