The Web Designer is the primary contact for the Employee Intranet and for routine updates to the Public Site. The Web Designer contributes in weekly website planning sessions, and proactively maintains accuracy of both the employee and public site through scheduled reviews, daily updates, client communication and effective time management. The Web Designer is cross-trained to publish Ecommunications, including homepage updates, and to generate content as necessary. All Ecommerce team members will keep current with industry developments and recommend ongoing site improvements to improve end user experience and revenue generation.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Support Ecommerce goal of accurate, effective flow of information to result in (internal and external) customer engagement and revenue production.
- Manage Employee Intranet, serving as primary point of contact for department heads, proactively monitoring accuracy.
- Manage Wufoo forms account, maintaining up-to-date forms database, and serving as primary contact for in-house clients. Transition existing .pdf and other document forms to web-based forms as applicable.
- Manage webmaster email account, responding to all inquiries within twenty-four hours, routing emails to proper contact, flagging emails for follow up, and providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers through this communication channel.
- Partner with Intranet stakeholders in envisioning and planning information flow to employees to enhance site function and improve user experience.
- Research web solutions as needed, including new Drupal modules and new technology.
- Serve as resource for staff content providers, supporting users with required training and content generation.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply basic search engine optimization techniques.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Maintain public site accuracy by performing routine updates which include, but are not limited to, chat, feed and film schedules across all facilities; holiday hours; special openings; press releases and news stories; seasonal programming updates and more. Train individual departments to take ownership of their information as needed.
- Manage page content for new and existing public web site pages (Volunteers, Education, Adopt An Animal, etc.).
- Assist as needed with content creation to include, but not be limited to, images, statistics or infographics.
- Monitor peer organizations to keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, what is working in our field.
- Design and implement changes in keeping with website’s visual voice, Audubon’s larger image and branding guidelines.
- Participate as a member of the Internal Communicators Committee.
- Assist with photography and videography, as needed.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Assist with internal coding/tracking as required by partner advertising agencies.
- Assist with strategy and implementation of integrated communications calendar.
- Cross-train to publish electronic newsletters, renewals, e-alerts, solicitations and other ecommunications, including homepage updates and other action items, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of experience in web design.
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in web usability, web page design and writing for the web.
- Public relations experience a plus.
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Sensitivity to deadlines, ability to set and communicate project timelines and progress
- Proven decision making and problem solving ability.
- Must possess high level of flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Positive attitude.
- High school diploma
- Bachelors or Associates required in communications, design or other discipline related to the primary responsibilities.
- Proficiency of a minimum of one year creating for dynamic web sites using valid CSS, HTML, and Adobe Photoshop; Open Source CMS experience desired; Drupal highly preferred; knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Light Work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.