Working under the direction of the Chief Engineer at the Aquarium of the Americas, duties will include assisting in maintaining, monitoring, and repairing HVAC, life support and other related systems. Performing preventative maintenance and repairs to various life support systems, sprinklers, forklifts, golf carts, and other movable equipment. Maintain, monitor and test, fire alarm systems, emergency generator system, fire pumps, and all automated equipment
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Maintain records of rounds and all completed repairs.
- Assist with the training of new employees.
- Maintain equipment rounds that are done on a daily basis and be responsible for keeping records for the daily rounds.
- Maintain all records for equipment in regards to maintenance, repairs, and life expectancy of equipment.
- Assist Horticulture on repairs of the irrigation system in the park and in the building.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Maintain all HVAC systems at remote locations and maintain and monitor all HVAC systems throughout the building and in the park. Keep records of all repairs made to the HVAC systems.
- Maintain of the golf carts for the Aquarium and for the records on repairs made to the carts.
- Remain educated on the proper use of any chemicals used within the department and for the use of MSDS information and what to do in case of a chemical emergency.
- Use proper PPE; this will include but not limit itself to proper eye protection, proper gloves when using chemicals, ear protection, etc.
- Participate with safety classes within the department and throughout Audubon Nature Institute.
Exhibit the diversity of wildlife.
- Maintain and monitor all life support systems and automation equipment. Maintain all pumps, motors and life support system at any remote locations. Monitor and perform preventative maintenance and repairs to all pumps and motors.
- Monitor and oversee any repairs made to the fire alarm system and be responsible for scheduling and monitoring any and all testing of the fire alarm system. Participate with the fire alarm system and conduct regular mock drills to ensure knowledge of how the system works, how to find all of the smoke detectors, pull stations and any other piece of equipment that can cause an alarm.
- Keep records of any changes in set points, repairs to the system, as well as any changes in the programming.
- Maintain the emergency generator and any preventative maintenance as well as maintenance to this system.
- Monitor and calibrate the ozone monitors throughout the building, taking rounds on ozone monitors and recording all readings. Monitor, maintain, and repair all ozone generators in the building.
Desired Skills Experience: 2 years experience Stationary Engineer or comparable HVAC/Boiler experience
1. High school diploma
2. Bachelors preferred Licensure/Certification: 2nd class Engineering License with the City of New Orleans, A/C and Boilers. Software Requirements: proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook. Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone, and copy machine as well as basic hand and power tools.
1. Very heavy work: exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
2. Will involve walking or standing majority of time.
3. Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 75 pounds.
4. Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
5. Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
6. Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
7. Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
8. Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
1. Working a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required.
2. Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
3. Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
4. May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
5. Constant contact with co-workers required.
6. Affinity for animals preferred.
7. Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
8. Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
9. May be required to remain at the facility during a natural disaster or emergency situation, as this position is designated storm rider.