Responsible for the operational aspects of each Special Event as an extension of management to ensure and enforce the policies and expectations of The Food and Beverage Banquet Department.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Report to work in a complete uniform according to F & B Department policy.
- Ensure that you are always anticipating the guests needs.
- Must be on radio and earpiece throughout the entire event for effective communications.
- Retrieve all pertinent paperwork from management for review.
- Make sure set-up has been completed 30 minutes before event start time
- Supervise staff and event flow throughout the entire event.
- Assess staffing levels and their assignments
- Review buffet layouts and equipment on pull.
- Communicate needs to servers, bartenders & support staff.
- Organize staff for pre-shift
- Check employees for proper uniform.
- Complete all pulls for functions in a timely manner; deliver pulls to their assigned locations according to the banquet Manager's instructions in order to provide quality guest experience
- Load in vendors and load out vendors.
- Operate, maintain and clean all equipment used
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of banquet room, exterior and other areas as directed.
- Set up all banquet equipment for events
- Report all broken equipment or work request to Clubhouse Café General Manager
- Effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers
- Ensure silverware, dishes, chaffers, and various equipment is cleaned and polished before an event. Maintains daily upkeep on facility
- Confirm and communicate any changes in the timeline and flow of the event.
- Make sure everything is ready and available for toasts, cake cutting, or any special events.
- Confirm any reserved seating and ensure placement of signs.
- Assist catering and sales manager with processional and photos.
- Keep open communication with photographer to ensure all important moments are captured.
- Always be available to the Host, bride, groom and any VIP clients for any special needs.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Introduce yourself to the client and familiarize yourself with VIP’s
- Double check all buffet stations and tables for presentation, service utensils and food identification.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Maintain inventory control, and restock product as directed.
- Assign team member to gather equipment and linen and properly return to storage.
- Make sure necessary lights have been turned out and personnel are in place to secure venue.
- Supervise staff duties, assuring all staff is working productively.
- Supervision: Supervises the On Call Banquet Staff.
- Experience: Minimum of one year working in food and beverage or similar training.
- Education: high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Medium work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Will require standing and walking for lengthy periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.