Provide information and customer service for Audubon attractions and be the primary on-boarding/entrance team member for all guests entering and help maintain crowd control
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality (required)
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
- Greet guests entering the Insectarium providing ticketing information and preparation for security checkpoint, contact other departments for information when necessary
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience (required)
- Maintain a friendly, neat, and professional appearance in accordance with Audubon Image
- Utilize proper short-wave radio for communication
- Abide by all department and Audubon Nature Institute policy as outlined in the company and guest services handbook
- Maintain a professional relationship with fellow employees of Audubon Nature Institute and vendors
- Assist guests with strollers or wheelchairs entering the facility
- Maintain ticket queuing area – set up the stanchions and signage inside and outside the facility
- Answers questions and up-selling tickets in the line
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills (a people person)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Will involve standing most of the time, but may sit and involve walking for brief periods of time, exerting up to _15__ pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to _15__ pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with guests and co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.