The Shelters, Cabanas and Birthday Attendant assists with birthday parties, Cool Zoo cabanas, and Audubon Park shelter rentals.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Take direction from the Shelters, Cabanas & Birthday Sales Manager & Supervisors.
- Ensure that proper service standards are being met and upheld.
- Assist in sales and financial aspects of shelters, birthday parties and cabanas.
- Assist in maintaining accurate client files.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of staff, visitors, and vendors.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Actively execute set-up, implementation and breakdown of items for birthday parties including but not limited to: food delivery and placement, making lemonade, chafers, service-ware, serving pieces, paper goods and decorations.
- Maintain cleanliness of birthday party venues, including but not limited to, trash removal, sweeping, mopping and general cleaning of space.
- Assist with booking, managing and executing all daily cabana rentals, including but not limited to, delivering waters to guests, keeping cabana areas clean, keeping office space clean and neat, turning in all cash and credit card receipts to the supervisor/manager on duty at the end of every day.
Supervision: not applicable
Experience: prefer prior food service or events industry experience.
Education: high school degree required
Licensure/Certification: not applicable.
Software Requirements: not required.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involve sitting, standing and walking.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions required.
- Must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, with emphasis on ability to be a team leader.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply common office practices and procedures in day-to-day departmental activities.
- Demonstrate use of sound judgment and discretion in making decisions, which comply with established procedures as well as the ability to handle new situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient relationships with all levels of staff, visitors and vendors.
- Ability to act with discretion and good judgment regarding confidential matters.
- Must have flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as business warrants.