This position will perform routine duties and manual labor involving the care of grounds and tennis courts to ensure that all guests receives the proper Audubon Experience during each visit.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Reports all maintenance and service needs to supervisor in a timely manner to insure safe operations.
- Follows the informal and formal departmental standards, policies/procedures and goals to promote service excellence.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining clay tennis courts.
- Responsible for cleaning restrooms and picking up litter in the court areas.
- Empties trash cans in buildings, restrooms and walkways.
- Performs duties effectively without constant supervision.
- String tennis racquets.
- Lead the instruction tennis lessons for guests.
- Performs various other job duties as needed and directed by Head Tennis Professional.
Minimum of 1 year of experience as tennis instructor required.
Minimum of 1 year groundskeeper experience preferred.
- Must have valid Louisiana Driver’s License.
- Must be certified PTR Instructor Level or USPTA Professional Level II at minimum.
- High school diploma—required
- Bachelors—preferred: in Business, Marketing, Communications, Accounting or Sports Management
- Must be able to exert up to 80 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.