This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all pumps, pipes, fixtures, and the overall safety and operation of attractions which include: Cool Zoo, Gator Run, Exhibit Jumping Jets, and Water Fountains. This position is responsible for ensuring that assigned attractions are operable each day.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Perform routine daily inspection, prepare assigned attractions for opening each day according to Operating Procedures and schedule.
- Maintain attractions: Complete and record weekly inspections of all Cool Zoo and Gator run area equipment, pump and filtration, water slides, interactive water features, water spray pads, and plumbing issues.
- Use Computer Maintenance Management System to document all preventative maintenance, repairs and parts usage. Motors, Pipes, Plumbing to include any contractor work etc.
- Communicate the closures and late openings of attractions to Guest Services and the Director of Facilities in a timely manner.
- Report unusual or abnormal problems, and recommend changes and solutions relating to attraction issues to supervisor, manager and Assistant Facilities Director.
- Review and complete any work to meet annual State inspections of Cool Zoo and Gator Run and be present during inspection.
- Poses knowledge and ability to maintain daily pool water chemical balances and the related chemical testing and injection systems for Cool Zoo and Gator Run areas. Have a Certified Pool Operator course, preferred.
- Continuously seek ways to improve safety and guest experience.
- Accomplish other tasks as may be required and assigned.
- Must follow all guidelines, rules or regulations regarding Zoo and Park operations.
- Must follow all regulations regarding animal safety and care.
- Must have a willingness to participate in continuing education classes as deemed necessary by Facilities Director.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, evenings and weekends is required.
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience working with electric motors, pumps and plumbing. Minimum two years’ experience working with water park/pool filtration systems, UV systems, and chlorine distribution systems. Knowledge of pool chemistry; as it relates to PH and Chlorine levels.
Education: High school diploma; trade school or training preferred.
Software Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, copy machine and phone. Must be able to use hand tools, augers and power equipment.
- Must exert up to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.