Reporting to the Guest Services Manager and under the general supervision of the Director of Guest Services. The Guest Services Cashier, warmly greets visitors, sells and collects admission tickets, and communicates information pleasantly.
- Greeting visitors and relaying information pleasantly; provides general information on operation to guests including maps and daily activity schedules.
- Up selling combination ticket to all Audubon facilities.
- Maintaining accurate cash drawer.
- Collects admission tickets.
- Completes daily clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain a professional relationship with fellow employees and vendors.
- Performs other associated and related duties as needed and or as assigned.
- Monitors activities in work area to prevent accidents.
- Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
- Inspects work area for cleanliness; completes general cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Cautions patrons regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to rules and regulations.
- Delivers outstanding customer service consistently.
Experience: Will train
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to _50__ pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to _50__ pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.